SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 102651 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: June 24, 2022, 03:55:09 PM »

Add Dick's Sporting Goods to the list of companies offering compensation for abortion travel:

As BRTD said, people who work for JPMorgan Chase aren't exactly the type of people who would find themselves unable to travel due to financial means, but this probably makes a bigger impact.

And I will reiterate that I loathe "woke capitalism" and the real motives behind those programs, but as one who believes that legal and accessible abortion is preferable to the alternative, I'll take the W.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1676 on: June 24, 2022, 03:56:06 PM »

Omega21

« Reply #1677 on: June 24, 2022, 03:57:17 PM »

Add Dick's Sporting Goods to the list of companies offering compensation for abortion travel:

As BRTD said, people who work for JPMorgan Chase aren't exactly the type of people who would find themselves unable to travel due to financial means, but this probably makes a bigger impact.

And I will reiterate that I loathe "woke capitalism" and the real motives behind those programs, but as one who believes that legal and accessible abortion is preferable to the alternative, I'll take the W.

Should also offer a minimum of 12 months of paid maternal leave, now that would be real "pro-Choice" right there.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #1678 on: June 24, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »

In a few years when SCOTUS decides that states rights no longer apply for this issue, would Reservations be able to become de-facto clinic oases?

(of course then Native rights would be swiftly chopped down.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1679 on: June 24, 2022, 03:57:50 PM »

Should also offer a minimum of 12 months of paid maternal leave, now that would be real "pro-Choice" right there.

No objection from me.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1680 on: June 24, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »

Anonymous has made its opinion known:

We took on the Church of Scientology, we occupied Wall Street, we hacked Russian websites, and given that Anonymous typically puts its money where its mouth is beyond Twitter virtue signaling, it will be interesting to see which direction we take for the underground abortion networks.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1681 on: June 24, 2022, 04:07:55 PM »

It was always foolish of the abortion rights movement to rely on a shaky court ruling as the linchpin for its success

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1682 on: June 24, 2022, 04:09:26 PM »

Murkowski's statement is out:

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1683 on: June 24, 2022, 04:12:34 PM »

It was always foolish of the abortion rights movement to rely on a shaky court ruling as the linchpin for its success

There's nothing shaky about it it was precedent for 50 years, it passed muster with previous courts until conservative groups handpicked candidates started scheming to pick it apart.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1684 on: June 24, 2022, 04:14:37 PM »

Murkowski's statement is out:

Like Manchin, there is not way in hell she gets rid of the structural impediments to a functioning legislature that make her bill doomed.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1685 on: June 24, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »

In a few years when SCOTUS decides that states rights no longer apply for this issue, would Reservations be able to become de-facto clinic oases?

If Neil Gorsuch is ruling against tribal rights, something truly horrible has happened.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1686 on: June 24, 2022, 04:20:46 PM »

Actually this is far more unexpected than Casey (even if it's a pretty milquetoast statement):

Ain't no way these moderate senators that voted to confirm Kavanaugh genuinely believed what he said about Roe being settled law....

The next time they win congress, Democrats can impeach Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Thomas.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1687 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »

If Neil Gorsuch is ruling against tribal rights, something truly horrible has happened.
If you seriously think Gorsuch or any of his five coconspirators are doing anything other than reaching their preferred political outcome and making up justifications afterwards you aren’t paying attention.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1688 on: June 24, 2022, 04:22:31 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1689 on: June 24, 2022, 04:22:58 PM »

A good day in America.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1690 on: June 24, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »

Lmao beyond parody
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1691 on: June 24, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »

So why did you ignore everyone telling you they were lying and when will you resign, Senator?
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #1692 on: June 24, 2022, 04:30:42 PM »

Lmao beyond parody

My god, the Dems just can't help themselves. They have to add cringe to everything.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1693 on: June 24, 2022, 04:33:04 PM »

If you seriously think Gorsuch or any of his five coconspirators are doing anything other than reaching their preferred political outcome and making up justifications afterwards you aren’t paying attention.

Gorsuch is basically one of the liberals when it comes to tribal issues. He wrote McGirt and the recent Ysleta del Sur Pueblo decision, and will probably write Oklahoma v. Castro-Huerta if liberals are in the majority.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1694 on: June 24, 2022, 04:42:08 PM »

Actually this is far more unexpected than Casey (even if it's a pretty milquetoast statement):

Ain't no way these moderate senators that voted to confirm Kavanaugh genuinely believed what he said about Roe being settled law....

The next time they win congress, Democrats can impeach Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Thomas.

You do realize it takes a 2/3 majority of the Senate to remove a judge?  Court packing would be easier, as it could be done with 60, or 50+1 if they were willing to nuke the filibuster.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1695 on: June 24, 2022, 04:44:20 PM »

My god, the Dems just can't help themselves. They have to add cringe to everything.

This isn't even the worst one.

This might be the worst tweet I've ever seen
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1696 on: June 24, 2022, 05:02:13 PM »

These people pre Trump would have all been celebrating this decision so yah they are nothing but grifters and I am happy they no longer are Republicans
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1697 on: June 24, 2022, 05:34:50 PM »

To keep babies safe, we should adopt other pro-life policies, such as stricter gun controls measures.

Right guys?

Or better yet, because many gun control policies are unlikely to survive this Court, use the Second Amendment to protect abortion rights. I don't think anyone's thought of that one yet!

Trump did. But the left  - quite reasonably - did not listen to him, because the costs of going down that path are even heavier than the ones Americans (mostly women) are going to be paying now.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1698 on: June 24, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »

I actually do think that Manchin knew that the nominees were lying about Roe being settled law. It was painfully obvious he would've spiked Kavanaugh if he could have even though he was up for reelection. You have to hand it to him, he is his own dude with his own beliefs; he genuinely believes in his whole moderate shtick, but he's also a Democrat for a reason.

I neither know nor care if Murkowski or Collins knew that Gorsuch and Barrett/Kavanaugh respectively were lying.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1699 on: June 24, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »

somehow this is the fault of Bernie Bros right?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies