UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:01:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem  (Read 219821 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: February 24, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »

By no means am I someone who closely follows UK politics, but I just stumbled on the following article, and I have to say that it's the single dumbest thing I've ever read in my life:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5634712/jeremy-corbyn-is-donald-trump-in-disguise/

It's almost painful to read.  It just takes the stylistic similarities that you may be able to vaguely detect if you squint hard enough, and amplifies them by a thousand, while ignoring all the substantive differences.

I've seen far worse smears in terms of use of emotion but usually a good sign of one is few facts, and usually stuff like "X did Y, and U did V, so both did W" is common.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »

Corbyn did lose by 55 seats against Theresa May of all people, which is the usual trigger for reconsidering party leadership in the UK. But, trust me, all the rest of us outside Labour are happy for your guy to keep "winning" as well as he did in 2017.

Yeah it's not like he closed a massive gap in six weeks or anything, and it's not like the Tories are going to not by dealing with the consequences of Brexit in the next year or so. Everything is nice and dandy for the Tories, right? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies