ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Senate Thread)  (Read 4150 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 15, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »

An ambassador from King Burebista of Thrace has arrived in Rome. His biggest request is for an Alliance and guarantee with Rome for protection and aid in any conflict. In return, Thrace promises to become a Roman Puppet state and Burebista agrees to have any future child of his stay in Rome until they are of the age of 20 years as well as half of all loot gained from Thracian conquests.

OOC: if this is allowed, pls tell me.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 03:33:16 AM »

An envoy from King Cotys I of Thrace has appeared in the Roman Senate. Though his reason for being here is unknown,, many believe it has to do with the Dacia problem.

Dear Senators of Rome,

My King and your client, Cotys I of Thrace, requests at the most two things:

1. At the most 2 legions to aid us in not just halting the Dacian tribes to the North, but conquering them as well.

2. A mutual assurance treaty that Rome is to not attempt to annex the kingdom of Thrace for, at the most, 50 years. If a Roman General goes rogue in that period, he should be stripped of his duties and the kingdom of Thrace should be restored.

In return, My king offers you 4 things that may be able to help you greatly in the future:

1. 25%-50% of all the wealth earned from Conquering Dacia, for their lands are large and wealthy and giving it your own Economy may help it far more than ever.

2. Military Access of any and all kind in the kingdom of Thrace without the threat of Declaring war on one another for 25 years, though this will be a mere formality.

3. My king's brothers and son will be sent to Rome to learn the ways of the Roman and be trained as well as deployed as Auxiliary for 24 years once they reach the age of 16.

4. A re-assurance Treaty that Thrace will not try to rebel against Rome for 50 years to go along with the Roman invasion treaty.

The choice is up to you fair Senate. Whatever you choose will decide Thrace's future fate. My king hopes you will helpful with him, However.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2017, 02:37:27 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

King Cotys I of Thrace shall declare their support for P. Servilius Vatia Isauricus and M. Claudius Marcellus to serve as Consul, with the most experienced of the two aiding us in Dacia.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »

I must stand opposed to Motions 9 and 10. How can we let a foreign power dictate to us our foreign policy? And not only that, but Thrace seeks to have two Roman legions deployed to their defense. Tell me Senators, what benefit does this give to our great Republic. Should Thrace consider making itself a client state of our Republic, perhaps then we can discuss sending legions to their defense.

OOC: Thrace is actually a Client state of the Republic.

My king, Cotys I of Thrace, has offered you his brothers and his son as Auxillary recruits for your legions and half of all wealth gained from conquering Dacia in return for the treaty and the aid. Thrace was a traitor a hundred years ago, but now, we always pay back those who help and aid us with what we promised then.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »

I must stand opposed to Motions 9 and 10. How can we let a foreign power dictate to us our foreign policy? And not only that, but Thrace seeks to have two Roman legions deployed to their defense. Tell me Senators, what benefit does this give to our great Republic. Should Thrace consider making itself a client state of our Republic, perhaps then we can discuss sending legions to their defense.

OOC: Thrace is actually a Client state of the Republic.

My king, Cotys I of Thrace, has offered you his brothers and his son as Auxillary recruits for your legions and half of all wealth gained from conquering Dacia in return for the treaty and the aid. Thrace was a traitor a hundred years ago, but now, we always pay back those who help and aid us with what we promised then.

OOC: Whoops, I'll edit my post. I need to do my research

OOC: that is fine, my friend
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »

Ambassador from King Cotys I of Thrace arrives in the Senate

Senate of Rome, we beg of you to not repeal the legions you have in Dacia with my own forces lest you face the chance of Barbarian invasion in Greece. All Thrace will request is one last legion and one of your best commanders to help quash King Burebista of Dacia once and for all as well as the permission to Ally with the Bosporus Kingdom so all three of us can properly co-ordinate and defeat Burebista as one. In return for your help, Thrace shall give you 1/4th to half of all the wealth we gain from conquering Dacia to aid in your civil war as well as your own your legions returning, now battle hardened, and a force for 1000 Infantry of mine.

Senators of Rome, you must think about this carefully. If you reject, you might face a war with Gaul, Dacia, Parthia, Egypt, and Caesar, a threat you may not want to handle. You aid me and I shall keep my work

King Cotys I of Thrace
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies