How Religious are you (Revised) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How Religious are you (Revised) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you Religious?
Yes. I'm Devout.

Yes. Somewhat.

No, not Really.

No, Not at all.

I'm spiritual, not religious.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: How Religious are you (Revised)  (Read 3071 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:48 AM »

No, not at all.

My family was from a Protestant background, but I've only been to church a handful of times and there was virtually no religiosity at home. I've read some of the Bible when I tried to learn about Christianity as I explored my spirituality a couple years ago, but it never really "clicked" with me. So, I've never had any sort of religious experience, never pray, don't really believe in any higher power, and, honestly, find even common Christian religious practices pretty foreign. Personally, I quite like the beauty of religiously inspired art, architecture, holidays, traditions, and many of its moral teachings, but aside from that, I find it rather pointless.

As for spirituality, I don't have much of an opinion on that. I've never had any spiritual experiences, but I don't simply dismiss the alleged experiences of others. It's quite likely that there is some higher plane of existence, but I don't know anything about it and am pretty much indifferent to it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies