War on Terror is Lost (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:59:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  War on Terror is Lost (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: War on Terror is Lost  (Read 6511 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:05 PM »

The current Israel/Hezbollah skirmish is the tipping-point in the War on Terror.

If it wasn’t already clear, Israel’s lack of will to fight (mirroring the US lack of will) has made the outcome of the War on Terror known: The Muslims will Win. 

Errr . . . umm . . . huh?  What do you mean "lack of will?"  Israel has increased the number of troops at the border, extended the range in which they plan to clear out Hezbollah forces, and have stated that there will be no cease fire until Hezbollah has been beaten and an international force (with the strength to actually fire a gun) is placed in the "buffer" zone.  That not only takes a lot of will, it takes a lot of guts too, considering they could be attacked from multiple fronts at once of their neighbors decided to do so.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:54 PM »

The Arabs are not civil, neither is their religion.

That's a terrible stereotype. 

Agreed.  I'm tired of these generalizations in regards to Arabs or Muslims.  Imagine if we used Fred Phelps and his brood as the halmark of Christianity, and constantly stated home wacked out Christians are?  Please, be more mature on this issue in the future.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »

Agreed.  I'm tired of these generalizations in regards to Arabs or Muslims.  Imagine if we used Fred Phelps and his brood as the halmark of Christianity, and constantly stated home wacked out Christians are?  Please, be more mature on this issue in the future.

Sorry, I forgot my laminated Pocket Guide to Friendly Arab-Muslim Nations at home.

Doesn’t maturity require the examination and comparison of facts?:

Christianity:  I would not have heard of Phelps if it weren’t for people like you pointing him out.  I have no contact or association with Phelps.  He has zero influence over me.

Islam: The populous is supported by mosques which, in turn, indoctrinate the populous into hatred. Their societies are not integrated, nor are they tolerant of other religions.  Their societies are corrupt from top to bottom, and as such, as lost in a constant state of poverty.

Roll Eyes
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »

Look, I'll make this fairly simple.  The constant generalization of a group of people in the context as it has been stated here is borderline racist.  If you have a problem with "Arabs" as a whole, then that's your problem.  Just keep your ignorance to yourself, and we'll all think better of you.

Thanks.  That's all I have left to say in regards to this.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 01:03:21 PM »

I've never heard a convincing rationale as to why the war on terror cannot be won.

Because to eliminate every single terrorist in the world is about as possible as eliminating every single narcotic in the world.

It's not a matter of "eliminating" them as much as it is in removing the environments in which they can grow and gain support.  You take away their ability to find host nations/regions and turn the general public away from them, they will not be able to resupply, gain funds, or carry out attacks that sway public support to their side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies