Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 15130 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: April 29, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »

did anybody else make 3 Stooges noises when two wights tried to go through a door at the same time to get Arya?

More like Benny Hill theme.

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »

So I've been rewatching the series for a few weeks and I'm of the mind that it seems like there are a million story threads being trod underfoot owing to the needs of our "final battle" scenario. The religious aspect in particular I feel like has been completely left by the wayside since Stannis was defeated. It seemed like earlier seasons were building toward something cosmic. After all, our protagonist has been raised from the dead, but that matters nought when he gets to shack up with Danerys.

The show is nothing but generic fantasy schlock now. Which, like, if that's what the average viewer wants, then great. But it's terribly disappointing artistically.

Well I'm still hoping the Lord of Light keeps GRRM alive to finish the books with his version of the story.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »

So I've been rewatching the series for a few weeks and I'm of the mind that it seems like there are a million story threads being trod underfoot owing to the needs of our "final battle" scenario. The religious aspect in particular I feel like has been completely left by the wayside since Stannis was defeated. It seemed like earlier seasons were building toward something cosmic. After all, our protagonist has been raised from the dead, but that matters nought when he gets to shack up with Danerys.

The show is nothing but generic fantasy schlock now. Which, like, if that's what the average viewer wants, then great. But it's terribly disappointing artistically.

Well I'm still hoping the Lord of Light keeps GRRM alive to finish the books with his version of the story.

Martin has told them all the major plot points. D and D mentioned they've known it was Arya for three years. People seem to either forget about or wholesale ignore this.

Well it is selective recall then, but I think GRRM could still swerve and definitely flesh out this battle like he's describing food at a feast.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 01:04:53 AM »

This whole season feels like they cancelled the show and they have to tie everything up real fast. Like surviving Dothraki? Where are they? They all died in that useless charge. But supposedly some survived they said. And you never see them in the episode either. DERP!

Oh, ballistas can take out the dragons no problem? The fleet is also destroyed by them with a bunch more of the Unsullied. Dany should be well and truly f'ed because she can't get that dragon anywhere near any target now without some more deus ex machina. Oh maybe the rest of the invisible Dothraki died on the ships, or maybe they never were supposed to make a dumb initial charge into a line of beings that don't rout!

The plot train is fully of the rails and I'm only going to watch it explode at the bottom of the ravine. I just pray that GRRM finishes the books with the proper story ending.

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »

A conquerer has to show strength. What she did was nowhere near out-of-line in a time of war. This TV show isn't meant for softies.

This is a fascinating thing for someone to write, and would appear to partially back up Greer's thesis about the unhealthy nature of the show's fanbase. I think he errs in suggesting that this is the case for all, or even a majority, but it's definitely there.

There's unhealthy fanbases all around. I remember a certain subset doing the exact same thing to me when I had the sheer nerve to say I like The Last Jedi. The same thing happened because i like Captain Marvel.

I don't agree with Greer's thesis that all the viewers are twisted fetishists of some sort. Honestly, i just want to be able to sit back and enjoy my favourite show without having to look outside my window every few hours to make sure I'm not being watched.

I try to enjoy these things for what they are.  In case of the movies,  the woke sh**t annoys me but still there was plenty to enjoy as well.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »

This season would've made a lot more sense with some Spongebob time cuts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies