2018 California Ballot Propositions Megathred (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 California Ballot Propositions Megathred (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 California Ballot Propositions Megathred  (Read 8803 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: October 17, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »

Seems like polling has been all over the place on Prop 6.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »

Seems like polling has been all over the place on Prop 6.

Yeah, the congressional polls suggest that it will fail. The SUSA poll? Not so much. Hopefully it fails.

Glad that Prop 7 is leading though, even if it messes with East Coast election watching. I hate when the sun sets at like 4:45.

I honestly don’t know how to feel about Prop 10. What CA needs above anything else is more housing. I’m not sure that Prop 10 would help that.

Prop 10 scares some developers but is okay with others. Those who build and hold usually find rent control more acceptable. Those who entitle the land and sell the project plans, or entitle the land, build, then sell the building are more afraid of rent control because it theoretically decreases resale value.

However, NIMBY residents and antiquated zoning laws are still bigger challenges for housing production, at least in LA. And Prop 10 obviously won't address those issues. And it doesn't address the fact that even if you have a rent controlled unit, what is the "market rate" when you move in? Probably even higher than it is currently before you can benefit from the capped yearly increases.

The one size fits all SB827 approach is still hard for me to swallow, even as someone who is in favor of significant increases in urban infill development.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »

Filled out my mail-in ballot.

If you don't know what any of the Propositions are and just walk into the voting booth, I don't think many will able to discern from the language on the ballot that Prop 6 is the gas tax repeal. The way it's written definitely helps boost the "no" side in my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies