Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:10:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)  (Read 17528 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 10, 2016, 12:11:09 PM »

What areas of WV can we expect to be "bellwethers" today?

There's not much variety to WV.  The Eastern panhandle has nothing to do with coal, but it doesn't make up much of the population.  Kanawha contains the state capitol and is probably  more establishment (though it has rural areas and coal mines too).  Monongalia contains the main state university so is probably Berniebro territory.  Harrison and Marion have a surprising number of Federal workers mainly due to the FBI Crime Lab, but they mine coal there too.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »

I  wonder how bad Clinton's "honest and trustworthy" number will be in WV. I wouldn't be shocked if Sanders hits a new low as well.

Doesn't get more honest then telling miners your going to put them out of business.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »

Clinton has to win Wayne and Mingo counties, right?

No, why?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »

Some severe storms starting to march into the state from the west.  Watch 'em lose power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies