Why is Obama coming to PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:08:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why is Obama coming to PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Obama coming to PA  (Read 12266 times)
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:01 PM »

He's just trying to rub it in.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »

No, no he doesn't. He wins. Big.

By double digits.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »

Every minute he spends in in PA, he can't be in another state.  Obama could get every vote in PA, or win by a margin of one vote, and he'd still only get 21 Electoral Votes.

You really don't get it, do you?

At this point I really want to call you a massive dull retard, but I won't after that warning I got from Dave.

He's already winning everywhere else, he's just trying to rub it in. Why run up the margains in VA and FL when you can win by 15% in PA and make some Republicans cry?

I'd be doing the same. Only I'd probably be campaigning in NY and CA as well. The race is over so you might as well have some fun.

But you keep telling yourself he's scared of losing PA. False hope is just a wonderful thing.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »

"You've not got a friend in Pennsylvania" would've worked better.

Grammatically.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »

But we've already established today that your guesses, predictions and assumptions are not grounded in reality.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »

But we've already established today that your guesses, predictions and assumptions are not grounded in reality.

No, we've just established you can't answer the question and try to divert it by attacks.

There are several questions that have been raised, i.e. why hide the fund raising that has been good (and that a number of people have said was announced poorly), why is McCain in Iowa and why was Obama in Philadelphia?

My guess is that the answers are based on internal polling.

Your first question has been answered at least a dozen times on here today including 3 times by me. And you've ignored each answer. Regardless, you've harped on for the past week that Obama's fundraising was poor and that's been dismissed as the deluded rants of a partisan hack quite emphatically today. Only a complete imbecile would try to spin $150m raised in a month as some sort of botched campaign PR.

McCain's in Iowa because it's a Bush state and he has to at least give the pretence that he's competitive there even if he isn't because it's embarrassing otherwise. Obama's in Pennsylvania because it has 21 electoral votes and he can't lose if he holds Pennsylvania with the way the electoral map looks.

All of the polls have Obama up double digits in PA. All of them. But if you want to ignore them and instead use an appearance last week as a sign than Obama's in trouble there because it somehow fits in the narrative you've been peddling then I'm not going to argue because you're quite clearly not sane.

Good night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies