Trends of the States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Trends of the States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trends of the States  (Read 6052 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 28, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »

My Prediction:  Essentially, Democratic leaning areas will be trending more Republican and Republican leaning areas will be treanding Democratic.  I expect that in 20-40 years, the South, New England, and West Coast will be among the most competitive areas in the nations.  Maybe with California or New York becoming the "ultimate" swing state.  I think that after this tea-party nonsense dies down the moderate wing of the Republican party will start to rise and begin to attract upper-middle class voters who are traditionally economically moderate and socially liberal.

Hmm, you don't like the tea party?

No I don't.  I believe that balanced budgets are a great thing to have, but not at the expense of the welfare of the poor and the elderly.  A civil society is more important than a balanced budget.  I think that the Tea Party is eerily reminiscent of the Know Nothing Party of the 1850's and if the Republican Party doesn't reign them end then the GOP will begin to lose respect from anybody with even half a mind.  The GOP needs to make it clear that they are not the "Tea Party" Party and instead move to take more moderate positions on economic issues and liberal positions on social issues.   But this question is unrelated to how the states are trending so it should be discussed no further. 

I can see it dividing the GOP but also see alot of independents joining it and even conservative democrats. The GOP balanced the budget in the 90's and still managed to include social security and unemployment benefits.

But the Tea Party only appeals to working class, Conservative Christian, white voters a demographic that is shrinking rapidly and being replaced with moderate suburban, upper middle class Whites.

When the tea party dies, will be when the economy is stronger and the budgets in the better condition. Then we will return to, 2007. Sad Not exactly a good scenario for moderates. Abortion, gays, guns, school prayer, and creationism will rise back up in importance. Trust me this situation, this current environment is an improvement for moderates. I agree the Tea Party is a threat but its also an opportunity if taken advantage of properly. I think after it is over, it will be the deluge for all social moderates and social liberals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies