Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:30:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 224680 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 06, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »

Bushie, have you been increasing your walking any so you don't die at work?

It's already March 6. You only have two precious weeks until you start. Take advantage of them.

I haven't done that, but I did stand on my feet for 2 hours straight at the Sprint Store yesterday.  I wasn't tired because I kept moving around looking at all the different displays.

Wow, congratulations! You stood up for 2 hours! What an impressive display of physical prowess.
I'm sure he did some serious leaning though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1501 on: March 06, 2015, 05:20:09 PM »

I had a busy afternoon today.  I left at 1220 and took a drive and found the new store that I'll be working at.  I had not been by there before.  Then, I used one of my cheat meals and ate at the Chili's in Owasso.  Then, I went to an existing store in Bixby and looked around.  It is a relatively small store, but it has a lot in it.  I took a look at the meat section and looked behind the counter to get an idea of what I'll be looking at.  Then, I went and upgraded my cell phone as it was due.  I was gone a total of 5 hours.

What kind of phone did you get? Are you on a family plan with your parents?

I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a iPhone 6+.  No, I'm on my own separate plan with a different carrier.

Wait, what? You are unemployed and yet you purchased the most expensive and trendiest cell phone currently on the market? It's $299 on a two-year contract, plus tax. And your previous phone, the iPhone 5S, isn't even two years old. Apple still sells it. People still buy it. There's no way it was "due" for replacement.

You have no job and yet you think you should be replacing your phone more frequently than the two-year standard? You should not be splurging on ridiculous luxuries that you obviously do not need.

I can't even. I can't even so hard.

First off, I have Sprint, who I believe is the best cell phone carrier in America on account of continued unlimited data which I have.  Second, I have a plan that I can upgrade the phone every 12 months and just pay the phone in installments throughout the next 12 months so nothing out-of-pocket.  Third, it won't raise my bill because it is the same price as my previous phone.  The only thing I had to pay for was a new car charger, screen protector, and case for the phone.  So do not accuse me of anything.  You had legitimate concerns, but I have a legitimate answer.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1502 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:48 PM »

I'm most surprised that Sprint has data service in Oklahoma considering the few in the tristate with Sprint can't ever seem to get coverage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1503 on: March 06, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »

It's already March 6. You only have two precious weeks until you start. Take advantage of them.

I haven't done that, but I did stand on my feet for 2 hours straight at the Sprint Store yesterday.  I wasn't tired because I kept moving around looking at all the different displays.

Wow, congratulations! You stood up for 2 hours! What an impressive display of physical prowess.

Actually, no, I didn't lean on anything, mainly because I didn't want to tear down the displays accidentally.  Mom would rightfully murder me if I did...  I really didn't need it, though, because I kept moving around and didn't stay in spot.  The store wasn't very big, but I kept moving from display to display.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1504 on: March 06, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »

I had a busy afternoon today.  I left at 1220 and took a drive and found the new store that I'll be working at.  I had not been by there before.  Then, I used one of my cheat meals and ate at the Chili's in Owasso.  Then, I went to an existing store in Bixby and looked around.  It is a relatively small store, but it has a lot in it.  I took a look at the meat section and looked behind the counter to get an idea of what I'll be looking at.  Then, I went and upgraded my cell phone as it was due.  I was gone a total of 5 hours.

I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a iPhone 6+.  No, I'm on my own separate plan with a different carrier.

Wait, what? You are unemployed and yet you purchased the most expensive and trendiest cell phone currently on the market? It's $299 on a two-year contract, plus tax. And your previous phone, the iPhone 5S, isn't even two years old. Apple still sells it. People still buy it. There's no way it was "due" for replacement.

You have no job and yet you think you should be replacing your phone more frequently than the two-year standard? You should not be splurging on ridiculous luxuries that you obviously do not need.

First off, I have Sprint, who I believe is the best cell phone carrier in America on account of continued unlimited data which I have.  Second, I have a plan that I can upgrade the phone every 12 months and just pay the phone in installments throughout the next 12 months so nothing out-of-pocket.  Third, it won't raise my bill because it is the same price as my previous phone.  The only thing I had to pay for was a new car charger, screen protector, and case for the phone.  So do not accuse me of anything.  You had legitimate concerns, but I have a legitimate answer.

Why did you need a new car charger?  The iPhone 5 and 6 use the same one.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1505 on: March 06, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »

Actually, no, I didn't lean on anything, mainly because I didn't want to tear down the displays accidentally.  Mom would rightfully murder me if I did...  I really didn't need it, though, because I kept moving around and didn't stay in spot.  The store wasn't very big, but I kept moving from display to display.

Wait.  So you went phone shopping with mom today? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1506 on: March 06, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »

I'm most surprised that Sprint has data service in Oklahoma considering the few in the tristate with Sprint can't ever seem to get coverage.

The service is obviously better in the cities, but you have to remember, Oklahoma is not no-mans-land or flyover country anymore and we're not third world compared to the rest of the country.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1507 on: March 06, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »

I had a busy afternoon today.  I left at 1220 and took a drive and found the new store that I'll be working at.  I had not been by there before.  Then, I used one of my cheat meals and ate at the Chili's in Owasso.  Then, I went to an existing store in Bixby and looked around.  It is a relatively small store, but it has a lot in it.  I took a look at the meat section and looked behind the counter to get an idea of what I'll be looking at.  Then, I went and upgraded my cell phone as it was due.  I was gone a total of 5 hours.

I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a iPhone 6+.  No, I'm on my own separate plan with a different carrier.

First off, I have Sprint, who I believe is the best cell phone carrier in America on account of continued unlimited data which I have.  Second, I have a plan that I can upgrade the phone every 12 months and just pay the phone in installments throughout the next 12 months so nothing out-of-pocket.  Third, it won't raise my bill because it is the same price as my previous phone.  The only thing I had to pay for was a new car charger, screen protector, and case for the phone.  So do not accuse me of anything.  You had legitimate concerns, but I have a legitimate answer.

Why did you need a new car charger?  The iPhone 5 and 6 use the same one. 

On my iPhone 5s, I had a battery case that covered the phone to double the charge of the battery and it used an Android charger.  They don't make that for the iPhone 6+, yet, so I had to get an actual lightning cable that the phone uses.  I could have gotten the 6 and used the same battery case, but my eyes aren't what they were two years ago, and felt the bigger screen would be worth the shorter battery life.  I will keep my charger with me at all times and I will not, purposely, let my phone drop below 45% charge.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: March 06, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »

No, but since I'm not drawing a paycheck right now, she would be responsible for paying for any damages caused by my breaking the displays and damaging the equipment.  She would have had my head for sure...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1509 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »

Mama once again proves the negative influence. Spending Papa's money on a top of the line phone and taking her baby to Chili's for big burgers.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1510 on: March 06, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »

Yup, Papa Bushie's gonna have to postpone his retirement for another year. RIP Cry
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1511 on: March 06, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »

Bushie, how much pop do your parents drink? What are their favorites?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1512 on: March 06, 2015, 05:47:11 PM »

No, but since I'm not drawing a paycheck right now, she would be responsible for paying for any damages caused by my breaking the displays and damaging the equipment.  She would have had my head for sure...

Why would she be responsible for that?  You are a 33 year old.  They wouldn't be going to your parents for money if you knocked a display over! 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1513 on: March 06, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »

Also what is this about Bushie not tipping waiters? I don't remember that episode.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1514 on: March 06, 2015, 05:53:32 PM »

He doesn't have to pay for his phone because the people at Sprint agreed to just add it to his monthly bill. Wasn't that super duper nice of them? Roll Eyes
Oklahoma probably does get excellent service. Not because they're so advanced, but because they're so flat and open. Mountains, even those in densely settled places in California, are the enemy of good phone reception.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1515 on: March 06, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »

I believe he once said, if they are good, he'll leave a nice generous tip of 10%.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1516 on: March 06, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »

I had a busy afternoon today.  I left at 1220 and took a drive and found the new store that I'll be working at.  I had not been by there before.  Then, I used one of my cheat meals and ate at the Chili's in Owasso.  Then, I went to an existing store in Bixby and looked around.  It is a relatively small store, but it has a lot in it.  I took a look at the meat section and looked behind the counter to get an idea of what I'll be looking at.  Then, I went and upgraded my cell phone as it was due.  I was gone a total of 5 hours.

I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a iPhone 6+.  No, I'm on my own separate plan with a different carrier.

Yup, Papa Bushie's gonna have to postpone his retirement for another year. RIP Cry

Did you not even read my response to his post?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1517 on: March 06, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »

Mama once again proves the negative influence. Spending Papa's money on a top of the line phone and taking her baby to Chili's for big burgers.

You obviously can't read.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1518 on: March 06, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »

Why would she be responsible for that?  You are a 33 year old.  They wouldn't be going to your parents for money if you knocked a display over! 

I'd have to get the money from somewhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1519 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »

I believe he once said, if they are good, he'll leave a nice generous tip of 10%.

15%, which is customary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1520 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »

He doesn't have to pay for his phone because the people at Sprint agreed to just add it to his monthly bill. Wasn't that super duper nice of them? Roll Eyes
Oklahoma probably does get excellent service. Not because they're so advanced, but because they're so flat and open. Mountains, even those in densely settled places in California, are the enemy of good phone reception.

You can't read, either.  Geez, are we all in kindergarten or something?  I said my bill will not go up...

And, yes, Oklahoma is just as advanced as California.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1521 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

I'd have to get the money from somewhere.

Businesses take the risk of mishap by opening their doors to the public.  They could certainly ask you for the money, but they can't make you do anything.  The fact that you would immediately fold and go running to Mom is troubling.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1522 on: March 06, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »

Your bill won't go up because you already have one of the scamtastic installation deals already built in. If you didn't upgrade, your bill would go down substantially. It's like you enjoy being scammed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1523 on: March 06, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »

Your bill won't go up because you already have one of the scamtastic installation deals already built in. If you didn't upgrade, your bill would go down substantially. It's like you enjoy being scammed.

Nonsense.  You're full of hot air.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1524 on: March 06, 2015, 06:14:15 PM »

15% is what you give for good service?! WTF?!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies