Massachusetts Health Insurance Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Massachusetts Health Insurance Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massachusetts Health Insurance Bill  (Read 1820 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 04, 2006, 09:19:24 PM »

We need to be getting employers out of the business of offering health insurance, not forcing them to do it.  Trying to implement universal health insurance on the backs of business is only going to convince employers to employ in place where they can provide that most flexible of benefits to their employees, cash.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »

Interesting approach. I'm kind of surprised this would pass so easily, and that the Governor is going to sign it.

I guess I'm not really seeing the point of forcing people to get health insurance if they don't want it, though.

Is it really any different from being required to have auto insurance to drive?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »

I am so pissed off at big companies shirking their responsibilities to their employees while collecting big payouts and profits for CEO's that I'd be inclined to support this bill.
Why should health care be an employer responsibility in general?  While the employer should definitely be held responsible for health care when the employee is injured on the job, why should it have to provide health care for the spouse and kid?  Employer provided health care is the fundamental flaw in our system today.  Managing health care is not a core competency for most employers, so even when they want to do well, they have difficulties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies