GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:28:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59345 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: October 15, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »

Yikes, I take back the nice things I said earlier.  If she's gone two quarters and hasn't yet gotten to $1 million, that's terrible. I still think she'd be a better candidate than Osoff and I'll keep making my monthly donation, but Tomlinson has got to start bringing in more money.
I agree. We'll see. Her entire senior staff is comprised of black women, and from what I've heard that's the primary demographic they're targeting. Notice many of her primary endorsements save Roy Barnes have come from black civil rights leaders and black mayors of cities south of the Fall Line. Ossoff is a Fyre Festival candidate coasting on his name rec and email list from 2017.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #326 on: October 15, 2019, 04:37:07 PM »

Yikes, I take back the nice things I said earlier.  If she's gone two quarters and hasn't yet gotten to $1 million, that's terrible. I still think she'd be a better candidate than Osoff and I'll keep making my monthly donation, but Tomlinson has got to start bringing in more money.
I agree. We'll see. Her entire senior staff is comprised of black women, and from what I've heard that's the primary demographic they're targeting. Notice many of her primary endorsements save Roy Barnes have come from black civil rights leaders and black mayors of cities south of the Fall Line. Ossoff is a Fyre Festival candidate coasting on his name rec and email list from 2017.

And yet https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-ossoff-lands-endorsements-from-black-officials/pRarbApEkqVGRrNolKWxjP/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: October 15, 2019, 04:46:31 PM »

And yet https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-ossoff-lands-endorsements-from-black-officials/pRarbApEkqVGRrNolKWxjP/
And that's wonderful for him. I didn't say Ossoff was hurting for black endorsements I said that black women, especially those downstate, are what Tomlinson's team plan to court the hardest. My comment on Ossoff was about his thin resume and only being relevant because of 2017. His endorsements from Lewis and Johnson were solely about superficial reasons like name rec and fundraising (which is fine, primaries are about putting forth who you think is most competitive), but there's nothing in his background that he can tout to black voters about why they should vote for him.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:54 PM »

And that's wonderful for him. I didn't say Ossoff was hurting for black endorsements I said that black women, especially those downstate, are what Tomlinson's team plan to court the hardest. My comment on Ossoff was about his thin resume and only being relevant because of 2017. His endorsements from Lewis and Johnson were solely about superficial reasons like name rec and fundraising (which is fine, primaries are about putting forth who you think is most competitive), but there's nothing in his background that he can tout to black voters about why they should vote for him.

Don't get me wrong. I think Osoff is a joke and on paper Tomlinson should be wiping the floor with him. But her campaign is just not doing what it needs to do, which sucks because I really like her. There's still time to turn things around, but if it doesn't happen soon she may as well start planning her 2022 Lieutenant Governor run.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »

Don't get me wrong. I think Osoff is a joke and on paper Tomlinson should be wiping the floor with him. But her campaign is just not doing what it needs to do, which sucks because I really like her. There's still time to turn things around, but if it doesn't happen soon she may as well start planning her 2022 Lieutenant Governor run.
We are definitely on the same page! I am hosting a fundraiser for her next month and plan on canvassing every weekend once those opportunities become available.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2019, 05:30:06 PM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2019, 05:48:44 PM »

I'm glad the money is starting to flow in Georgia, but I wish it weren't flowing to a lightweight like Ossoff.
Los Angeles Swag Boss
L.A. Da Boss
Rookie
United States

« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2019, 12:03:34 AM »

Yeah, this looks like a primary between Tomlinson and Ossoff.

I don't even know about this.

If Ossoff has 1.3M CoH with a relatively "soft launch" and it's taken Tomlinson 5 months to get to 950k raised..... what can Ossoff do by March 2020? Another 2M raised? Does that take Tomlinson out of the race?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »

Money doesn’t vote.

If it did Cagle would have steamrolled folks in the GOP Gubernatorial Primary and probably be Governor. But it doesn’t and he’s not.

Ossoff is formidable but Resistance Twitter is not going to buy him the nomination.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2019, 09:58:48 AM »

I'm a confused as to how Ossoff consistently is able to raise such huge amounts of cash.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:55 AM »

Let's ask Beto O'Rourke how successful running for a higher office is after you lose a race for a lower one.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »

I'm a confused as to how Ossoff consistently is able to raise such huge amounts of cash.

Same.  At the same time, the 2017 special was high profile and helped build his donor list, his base is in the wealthy Atlanta suburbs, and the John Lewis endorsement is a huge signal of establishment support.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2019, 08:18:08 AM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »

His experience includes service on of the Board of Trustees for the @dscc and as a member of the Nat’l  Finance Committee for @BarackObama, as well as serving in his Administration in Washington.    Leeds was also Chair for Senator Max Cleland’s campaigns and political committees as well as serving as Senior Advisor to Michelle Nunn in her 2014 Senate race.

I think this is a good sign.  Tomlinson obviously needs to shake up her fundraising, and Leeds seems well connected.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »

Hopefully Tomlinson's new fundraising director helps her raise enough cash to be viable statewide. But, according to the article I've linked below, this primary is turning out to be quite nasty, which will only help Perdue.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-ossoff-rival-accuses-him-opting-civil-rights-icon/tKcIEBD9SW1k8DKMXNtXTM/
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2019, 07:49:52 AM »

Hopefully Tomlinson's new fundraising director helps her raise enough cash to be viable statewide. But, according to the article I've linked below, this primary is turning out to be quite nasty, which will only help Perdue.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-ossoff-rival-accuses-him-opting-civil-rights-icon/tKcIEBD9SW1k8DKMXNtXTM/

That article ends with this:  "Ossoff declined to comment, but an aide described the campaign as puzzled that Tomlinson would want to draw even more attention to Lewis’ endorsement."  Same here, man--this is not the kind of back and forth Tomlinson should want to get into.  I like her a lot, but Tomlinson's pick of Kendra Cotton as campaign manager increasingly seems like a major mistake.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »

He rents his email lists from the special election to other campaigns I believe.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »

He rents his email lists from the special election to other campaigns I believe.

Is it even legal ?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2019, 10:05:39 AM »

Is it even legal ?

Yes, so long as they state that they do this/reserve the right to do this when the person signs up. Most campaigns have it in the fine print at the bottom of the page somewhere.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »

But, according to the article I've linked below, this primary is turning out to be quite nasty, which will only help Perdue.
Nobody is paying attention to this. The campaign manager made this comment from her personal Facebook. I'm pretty sure, she will act accordingly and safeguard her page/avoid discussion of other candidates. This was not coming from the campaign or the candidate.

Tomlinson is out working hard and doing outreach. Ossoff is not the shoe-in that non-Georgians think he is.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »

Please tell me this ad didn't actually run on television
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »

That is the worst, most amateurish ad I've ever seen and I pray it didn't actually air.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »

It was just a digital ad--little more than a jokey dig to quickly throw online.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »

It was just a digital ad--little more than a jokey dig to quickly throw online.

That makes it...somewhat better.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2020, 04:29:59 PM »

Teresa lost her campaign manager, field director, and digital director....

The campaign is now going to be run through a consulting firm....

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-several-top-tomlinson-deputies-leave-campaign/gbrRGS9WgwWz2lxzf1PhVL/

I see this is her attempt at a reboot, she is adding pink to her branding so I guess she’s trying to lean in on being a woman:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies