The Mental Illness Problem. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:40:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Mental Illness Problem. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mental Illness Problem.  (Read 376 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »

I agree we really need to improve mental health in the U.S. I agree with your post but what about people who don't have severe mental problems that don't need to live in mental hospitals. There are many people who can function in society with medication or seeing a psychologist or some other type of mental healthcare. I personally have seen a psychologist years ago and found it helpful, (hopefully I don't regret admitting that). I'm sure there are lots of people with mild or moderate mental health problems that can become worse over time. How do we help these people.

I agree that psychological help should be just as important as physical help. The hospital that I go to has psychological services available, but I don't know if there are covered by all health care plans. I also don't know if Obamacare made it so that mental health is covered by insurance companies. If not, it should be.

All insurance plans participating in the exchanges must cover mental health.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies