Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:09:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders"  (Read 5617 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 17, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »

I truly believe Sanders doesn't actually care about the problems in the AA community...

and Clinton does?
I actually do believe that Clinton cares deeply about the racial inequalities that persist in our society, and that her record of helping the disadvantaged, especially children living in poverty, shows her dedication to helping people of color. Let's not pretend that her education reforms in Arkansas or the Children's Health Insurance Program didn't disproportionately help black children. Honestly, I don't know how you could look at Clinton and say that she simply doesn't care; her entire career screams otherwise.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »

I truly believe Sanders doesn't actually care about the problems in the AA community...

and Clinton does?
I actually do believe that Clinton cares deeply about the racial inequalities that persist in our society, and that her record of helping the disadvantaged, especially children living in poverty, shows her dedication to helping people of color. Let's not pretend that her education reforms in Arkansas or the Children's Health Insurance Program didn't disproportionately help black children. Honestly, I don't know how you could look at Clinton and say that she simply doesn't care; her entire career screams otherwise.

And Sanders' aims, whether or not you think they are realistic, wouldn't disproportionately help the black community?  
I think that really gets to the core of the campaign: Sanders hasn't done anything of note and is asking us to trust him to create progressive change when he has shown no ability to deliver change up to this point. Clinton, however much you might hate her, indisputably has.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies