Male Contraception finally getting more focus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Male Contraception finally getting more focus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Male Contraception finally getting more focus  (Read 1027 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 12:06:23 AM »

Ugh, the last thing we need is more hormonal contraception.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2022, 12:19:24 AM »

Good news, especially since many women poke holes in condoms when their male partners don't want children.

That's probably never been a problem for you, fortunately.

LOL, this isn't an "incel misogynist" criticism. I found out how big this problem is from Childfree Reddit, the vast majority of them are feminist women who oppose this practice. They call these "oops babies".

Well, if Reddit says it's a problem...

As I said, Childfree Reddit is 90% liberal, feminist women. I thought Atlas liked that demographic?

99% of people on Reddit are virgins lying about their experience with sexual relationships.

99% of people on Atlas are virgins lying about their understanding of politics.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2022, 12:20:47 AM »

Good news, especially since many women poke holes in condoms when their male partners don't want children.

LOL, this isn't an "incel misogynist" criticism. I found out how big this problem is from Childfree Reddit, the vast majority of them are feminist women who oppose this practice. They call these "oops babies".

As I said, Childfree Reddit is 90% liberal, feminist women. I thought Atlas liked that demographic?

99% of people on Reddit are virgins lying about their experience with sexual relationships.

>99% of people on Atlas are virgins lying about their understanding of politics.

ftfy
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2022, 12:37:57 AM »

I don't like almost anyone who unironically says "childfree", for reasons almost completely unrelated to the desire not to have children itself.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 01:25:24 AM »

I don't like almost anyone who unironically says "childfree", for reasons almost completely unrelated to the desire not to have children itself.

A lot of it is almost certainly sour grapes. I suspect they are people who would like to have a family but can't, or at the very least are in some way depressed by their inability to do so, so they work themselves up into hating children instead.
kwabbit

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 01:44:44 AM »

Hormonal birth control for women often has intolerable side effects already. A few of the women I know have gotten some worrying blood clotting symptoms. The same could happen for men. I don't see how a hormonal birth control designed to kill your sperm production wouldn't break your dick in the process, which kind of defeats the purpose. Plenty of drugs that aren't designed to do that already have that symptom lol.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 06:14:16 AM »

If they ever pulled this off it would be life changing. I’ve always felt males would be more dependable on this then females which is the opposite of what most people usually assume.

I actually think especially if it doesn’t have to be taken often - this will lead to a dramatic decrease in teenage pregnancies. By the same token it likely will make teenagers more sexually active at an earlier age. And of course lead to an increase in STI’s. I remember when I was in High School - especially in the earlier stages -  I was more afraid of pregnancy then I was an STI.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »

The Dobbs Decision Has Led to a Windfall for--Vasectomy Clinics:

https://electoral-vote.com/evp2022/Senate/Maps/Dec06.html#item-9

which links to:

How Dobbs Triggered a ‘Vasectomy Revolution’:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/12/02/how-dobbs-triggered-a-vasectomy-revolution-00070461
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2022, 11:08:23 AM »

From the Politico link above:

The spike in vasectomies is generating a conversation about how men should take responsibility for their reproductive health and their partners’. According to a 2017 study published in the Journal of Sex Research, women bear the disproportionate burden of contraception, undergoing procedures and taking medication that can lead to painful side effects. While tubal ligations often require multiple medical visits and weeks of recovery time, vasectomies are so simple that post-op patients can walk out of the clinic and drive home. The 10-minute procedure is considered the simplest and most effective contraceptive method available to men, and it can be reversed in some cases.

Freeze your sperm then go have a vasectomy. It's much easier than women having abortions that could be life threatening to her.

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »

Self-hating Femcels are no more a reliable source of information than Self-hating Incels.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2022, 02:14:17 PM »

Self-hating Femcels are no more a reliable source of information than Self-hating Incels.

That's not what a femcel is and is in fact an insult to femcel culture. #coquette #female manipulator #girl interrupted syndrome #ottessa moshfegh #anglican #lana del rey #girlblogging #jennifer's body #rory gilmore
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2022, 02:19:44 PM »

If a male birth control with few or minor side effects is introduced to the market the birth rate will plummet to virtually nothing.

Because most children are unwanted? Seems like projection.

Maybe not unwanted after the fact, but definitely unplanned (and therefore unwanted beforehand). It's not a very controversial take.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »

Ugh, the last thing we need is more hormonal contraception.

...Why?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2022, 02:57:41 PM »

I ain't use contraception I put my faith in God. City Boys Up.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2022, 03:27:47 PM »

I remember last time science was just around the corner from making this, except the side affects were like "it only works on 70% of men, and 15% of the men that take it lose their sex drive" and some of you couldn't figure out why men might not want to take it.
That’s cute…now look at the side effects of female birth control.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »

Liberal, feminist women is like Atlas's least favorite kind of person lmao
Atlas loves their votes, but hates their culture and who they are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »

I remember last time science was just around the corner from making this, except the side affects were like "it only works on 70% of men, and 15% of the men that take it lose their sex drive" and some of you couldn't figure out why men might not want to take it.
Atlas, where the  "two wrongs make a right" argument lives strong and proud.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2022, 03:49:23 PM »

Nope. Not gonna let you make that argument. Women have been taking the brunt of child bearing, giving birth, contraception, having abortions and more. Time for the guys to do their fair share. It's just the right thing to do. Does anyone have an argument with that?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »

Nope. Not gonna let you make that argument. Women have been taking the brunt of child bearing, giving birth, contraception, having abortions and more. Time for the guys to do their fair share. It's just the right thing to do. Does anyone have an argument with that?
sure, if individual women want to force their individual men to take more responsibility with this kind of thing, more power to them.  Men should have more responsibilities when it comes to children.  It is, in my opinion, one of the major producers of sh**tty adults.

<and I'm not saying people with absent fathers are bad, I'm saying bad people are more likely to have had absent fathers>

Also, it's weird that three of the four things you listed men, sorry, non-birthing people, couldn't possibly do no matter how hard an individual ma....non-birthing people may want to.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2022, 04:16:40 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2022, 04:20:51 PM by GP270watch »

If a male birth control with few or minor side effects is introduced to the market the birth rate will plummet to virtually nothing.

Look at what birth control does to birthrates when women have it as a viable option, if men have something equally effective you now have a scenario where you have two people at the same time with the ability to drastically reduce pregnancy, despite your childish insults my observation was just envisioning the math, so calm down bro.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2022, 04:18:39 PM »

Transphobe.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2022, 06:59:00 PM »

Look at what birth control does to birthrates when women have it as a viable option, if men have something equally effective you now have a scenario where you have two people at the same time with the ability to drastically reduce pregnancy, despite your childish insults my observation was just envisioning the math, so calm down bro.

I wouldn't assume there's this great untapped population of couples that are currently not using any form of contraception at all that would start doing so if xyz. For the vast majority of couples the choice would be one of contraceptive method of preference, not of contraception versus no contraception.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies