Unemployment drops to 7.8%, labor force up. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:34:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Unemployment drops to 7.8%, labor force up. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unemployment drops to 7.8%, labor force up.  (Read 4850 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 05, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

A good report, but no POTUS had been reelected since FDR with unemployment above 7.2%.

Political rules exist until they don't any more...

No black man has ever been elected President before.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

So what happens when Obama wins the election? Will Republicans claim the election was fake too?

One more question- Were Democrats this bad when Bush was president? Were we equally petty and delusional? My memory fails me on this one.

Of course they'll claim it was a fix. Look how many Republicans believe ACORN is why Obama won in 2008. To accept that Dems win legitimacy would mean accepting they have a right to govern, and that is unacceptable. We will have congressional investigations for months of Obama wins.

Not exactly what should be happening in a stable democracy...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »

Maybe mediocre jobs reports are good news in Europe, but America expects better.

So employment keeping up with population growth, your mantra for the past few months doesn't matter anymore?

I'm sorry, but cheering over 114,000 jobs being created almost half a decade after the start of the recession is downright pathetic.

This is clearly not good enough. We've had this malaise, it's not an outright recession but it's not a recovery either, for almost half a decade. It needs to change and soon before it's too late.

We have 23 million people out of work.

Politico, I realize Obama's staunchest partisans argue unemployment remains to this day 100% George Bush's problem, but at the same time do you seriously attibute every job lost after the minute he was inaugurated to be Obama's fault?

I have admitted on repeated occasions that Obama inherited a bad situation. However, he has been president and got everything he wanted his first two years. He needs to man up and take responsibility for at least the last year or two.

He got everything he wanted his first two years? What?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies