WV is now officially dead for Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV is now officially dead for Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV is now officially dead for Democrats  (Read 1593 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 13, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

I've heard some Dmocrats say they can rebound after Obama leaves office, but I just don't see it.

The damage has been done, and I don't think much of it is reversable (for the foreseeable future).

Well, they'll probably rebound somewhat, since there's nowhere to go but up at this point. But it will still be solidly Republican.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

The Democrats will gain some ground in WV-02, compensated for by loses in WV-03 and will remain 60-40 Republican. It is the pattern we have seen in many Southern states. GOP start out in the most metropolitcan area, take over rural area, dominate rural area nd GOP support declines in the metro area. The problem for WV is that its populatin is not growing like the others in question and thus unless its cities gets bigger, there isn't much hope for the "new majority in cities and suburbs come 2022 crowd". Only with an embrace of the Snowstalker aproach would something different than that possibly transpire.

You think West Virginia would support communism?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But...Hifly told me if we only run these types of Democrats everywhere, we'd take back Appalachia! Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies