College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:52:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54645 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »

So... a Native American mascot is racist and/or cultural appropriation, but at the same time, a European one is backwards thinking.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431617/brown-university-students-social-justice-schoolwork

So apparently homework and studying for your field is NOT what college is for. Tongue I must be a horrible student, since I actually enjoy reading and writing about history and philosophy rather than being a professional campaigner.

Very cheap style of rhetoric. I would've preferred an actual news story or something. Note sure is a writer for the National Review Online. Can't take it seriously. I have no doubt it's true, but I'd rather a rigorous examination of just how pathetic these people are rather than someone bitching about others bitching.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:14:43 AM »

This is pretty much all too long to read, so I'll just pop this link here. Probably not the best source, but whatever.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »

Man, I used to assume that campus activists were just people that wanted to kill God and end capitalism, not this.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »

Border Patrol at a Job Fair?  Oh you just know the perpetual victims are going to have a problem with that.

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.

CBP and ICE were both at a career fair at my school on Thursday. I should've thought of what would've happened if they go to other schools.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

“I shouldn’t be reminded every time I leave my dorm room of how easy my life can be taken away ..."

So now if anything reminds someone of their own mortality, as a human, that is "emotionally triggering". Everyone dies. That is fact. These kids really seem to want to regress to being 5 all over again.

One would hope that being constantly reminded of one's own mortality would be a healthy motivator. Perhaps we need a draft, again.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »

“I shouldn’t be reminded every time I leave my dorm room of how easy my life can be taken away ..."

So now if anything reminds someone of their own mortality, as a human, that is "emotionally triggering". Everyone dies. That is fact. These kids really seem to want to regress to being 5 all over again.

One would hope that being constantly reminded of one's own mortality would be a healthy motivator. Perhaps we need a draft, again.

Why? Force people to potentially be sent to their death so war hawks and their masters can make even more money off their blood?

Put some real fear into the types of people who know they wouldn't survive. Teach 'em some discipline. It also gives the entire nation a hand in the war effort, instead of isolating its effects to a group of people we train to be death machines.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies