Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:41:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System  (Read 6624 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:38 PM »

As I said in the other reform thread, I'm leaning toward supporting this. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »

As I said in the other reform thread, I'm leaning toward supporting this. Smiley

It has my full support now as it gives us not only an experienced Head of Government, but an elected Head of State that has a few reserved powers to keep the Senate and the PM in check if need be. It's a welcome shot in Atlasia's arm if you ask me Smiley

Oh yes, the only reason I didn't say full support was because y'all are still working out the bugs. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »

To summarize the proposals, because I few of y'all are missing key points:

1. Introduce a Prime Minister, elected by the Senate and a member of the Senate, who has the powers of the current President, minus veto power.

Seems reasonable.

2. Remove all of the current President's powers except his veto powers, and also add the ability for him to order a national referendum on a Senate bill.

Also seems reasonable.

3. Combine State and Defense, and Justice and Treasury as two briefs can be handled.

In real life no, in Atlasian life yes. Wink

4. Increase Senators to twelve because of the elimination of the VP and two cabinet members.

No problem here, but do we have enough people to run for that many spots?

5. Possibly remove Regional representation, or have an unequal number of districts and regions. I could go for either.

Comments?

I'm undecided on this one. I'll await some arguments from both sides, and 'just because we've always done it' isn't a good argument IMHO. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies