Are Mormon's Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:46:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Are Mormon's Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Mormon's Christians?  (Read 3650 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 19, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

This is an ultimately unanswerable question due to the fact that "Christian" is not well-defined.  One person might answer yes, and another might answer no, and they might completely miss the fact that they actually agree on what the facts are; it's just the case that they perceive the question differently.

It's a rather divisive and ultimately unconstructive thing to ask, and as such, I don't think it's a good question to ask.  I don't think much of anything good can come from the ensuing discussion, especially if the two respondents from each side are very adamant that their stance is the correct one.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

Most programs here have long commercial breaks every half hour.

Interesting to know Alberta is like that.  I've never been there.

Just kidding.  Yeah, my parenthetical rant was a bit of an exaggeration.  The first thing you notice in a place like Germany is that you have to sit through a rerun of "Hogan's Heroes" in its entirety without a break.  Seems annoying.  But obviously during a two-hour movie there are breaks.  At least in the parts of Germany and Netherland I have lived in.

I can't remember how they do it in Canada.  Even though it's our second-closest neighboring country, and I have been there many times, I can't remember paying much attention to what's on TV there.  But this is a bit off topic.  I just thought it was interesting the way you interjected immediately that Mormons are not prots.  I found that on more than one occassion the hard way as well, and have been excoriated by mormons for grouping them thusly.  "Hey, man, we're not protesting anything!  Got that?"  Er, okay, I can see why you people shun caffeine.  Clearly you don't need it.

Actually, Lewis is from Germany.  He's just got that avatar up because of the Canadian election on Monday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies