2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:30:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53
Author Topic: 2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion  (Read 50844 times)
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: April 26, 2024, 06:15:11 PM »

As a Hoosier, Indiana's close-to-impossible for most people (Ralph Nader has never been on our ballot), but if anyone could do it, Kennedy could. That said, I'm not sure it's worth it, as this state would likely give more votes to the Libertarian than to RKF.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1251 on: April 27, 2024, 09:19:10 PM »

I apologize for the double-post.

Just saw that Randall Terry was nominated by the Constitution Party. Not surprised they went with him over the other choices.

Blankenship's 2020 run was pretty pitiful, but Darrell Castle did quite well in 2016. I don't care for Terry, but I wish him the best in getting his campaign's message out.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1252 on: April 27, 2024, 11:57:09 PM »

I don't always agree with his tactics, but there's no doubt that Randall Terry is genuinely and passionately committed to defending unborn life.  I may vote for him if he's on the ballot in Tennessee.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1253 on: April 28, 2024, 05:17:52 PM »

VP still MIA

Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1254 on: April 28, 2024, 06:49:14 PM »

The Vermont Green Mountain Peace & Justice Party nominated Cornel West for President. This is the new name of the old Liberty Union Party in the state.
Redban

« Reply #1255 on: April 29, 2024, 08:22:46 AM »

Kennedy says that he will make a "major announcement" on May 1st in NYC at 1PM ET. Rumors suggest he'll announce that he reached the signature threshold in 3 more states, including Texas

He claims to have over 20k signatures in NY. The requirement is 45k, with a full month to go. So he should have a good surplus for when signatures get disqualified. He claims he'll hit 90k
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1256 on: April 29, 2024, 08:26:54 AM »

The Vermont Green Mountain Peace & Justice Party nominated Cornel West for President. This is the new name of the old Liberty Union Party in the state.

Good to know! Are the VT Progressives planning on naming anyone? I know they don’t always choose to run a candidate for POTUS.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1257 on: April 29, 2024, 09:34:30 AM »

Good to know! Are the VT Progressives planning on naming anyone? I know they don’t always choose to run a candidate for POTUS.

I'm not aware of them ever nominating anyone outside the norm for President. Maybe they've done a co-endorsement of the Democratic Party nominee. Their level of toleration from the Democratic Party would likely disappear in such an event. I don't think Progressives really run independent of Democrats in the state much outside of Burlington, where they just won the mayor's race.

Bernie Sanders is a kinda sorta party member and when he was a write-in in 2016 and took above 5%, I imagine the Progressives backed him to a higher degree than state Democrats did, not that it mattered with Vermont being an incredibly safe Democratic state.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1258 on: April 29, 2024, 09:38:04 AM »

Kennedy says that he will make a "major announcement" on May 1st in NYC at 1PM ET. Rumors suggest he'll announce that he reached the signature threshold in 3 more states, including Texas

He claims to have over 20k signatures in NY. The requirement is 45k, with a full month to go. So he should have a good surplus for when signatures get disqualified. He claims he'll hit 90k

Fully expect it to be ballot access in TX + two others and close to finished in NY. Went to his Buffalo, NY rally this past weekend which had a solid crowd of 300+.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #1259 on: April 29, 2024, 09:52:51 AM »

for those who havent seen it yet, jill stein, her campaign manager and her deputy campaign manager were arrested at the washington university gaza solidarity encampment in st. louis two nights ago. jill was charged with assaulting a police officer, so she was separated from the other arrested demonstrators and locked in a cell by herself for 5+ hours that night. the assault in question involved her getting violently repressed by a police officer twice her size using a bicycle to crush her into the crowd

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1260 on: April 29, 2024, 06:53:44 PM »

Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1261 on: April 29, 2024, 08:34:38 PM »

Reaching. Trump didn't disavow them. The Republican Party didn't want to deal with fusion.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1262 on: April 29, 2024, 09:14:16 PM »

Alabama 1963. RFK. George Wallace. Look it up.

The idea Jr is using Wallace's party for ballot access is repulsive.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #1263 on: April 29, 2024, 10:13:20 PM »

The idea of Joe Biden using James Buchanan's, Woodrow Wilson's, Nathan Bedford Forrest's party is repulsive.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1264 on: April 29, 2024, 10:18:41 PM »

The idea of Joe Biden using James Buchanan's, Woodrow Wilson's, Nathan Bedford Forrest's party is repulsive.

Ooh thats a burn like you almost never see anymore nowadays on the internet.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1265 on: April 30, 2024, 06:11:15 AM »

AIP nominated a hispanic for President and black man for VP in 2020. Cry me a river.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1266 on: April 30, 2024, 07:31:48 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2024, 07:42:39 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

I know exactly who George Wallace is. I also know in 1972 he ran in the Democratic presidential primaries and won 7 states that year.
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1267 on: April 30, 2024, 08:49:10 AM »

From what I've been aware of, the American Independent Party as it currently stands seems to be almost a "rent-a-party" that's been known more in recent years for creating problems with independent voters in California being erroneously labeled as AIP members (and thus unable to vote in presidential primaries, for instance).

And with the Alan Keyes nomination in 2008; that was something of a fluke (between 1992 and 2008 the AIP was associated with the Constitution Party; while Keyes - after leaving the GOP - tried to run for the Constitution Party nomination only to lose its nomination to its 2004 VP nominee; Chuck Baldwin), so my guess is that was when the AIP split into two factions.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1268 on: April 30, 2024, 09:12:06 AM »

From what I've been aware of, the American Independent Party as it currently stands seems to be almost a "rent-a-party" that's been known more in recent years for creating problems with independent voters in California being erroneously labeled as AIP members (and thus unable to vote in presidential primaries, for instance).

And with the Alan Keyes nomination in 2008; that was something of a fluke (between 1992 and 2008 the AIP was associated with the Constitution Party; while Keyes - after leaving the GOP - tried to run for the Constitution Party nomination only to lose its nomination to its 2004 VP nominee; Chuck Baldwin), so my guess is that was when the AIP split into two factions.

The longtime chair of the California AIP died this past cycle, so I think they're in the mood to change. The national Constitution Party severed their relationship with the don't have ballot access California Constitution Party in what was a clear signal to attempt to reconnect links with the California AIP and gain ballot access for the national CP in the state. Even for the AIP and the California Peace & Freedom Party, if you gain that ballot access as a minor third-party candidate, it single-handedly makes you about 6th place finisher in the country just due to California's size.

As far as the name, the California legislature passed a bill the past couple years saying no party can have "Independent" in its name. Newsom vetoed it at the time saying the law would not stand up to state constitutional muster.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1269 on: April 30, 2024, 03:11:05 PM »

Gonna have to dig up the post I made last year saying if RFK wanted ballot access in CA the best way would be to get it through the AIP. CA is a hard state to get on through signatures. RFK probably could've done it but it'd be very expensive and time consuming.

Given he'd probably have made it elsewhere, much like with Kennedy getting the Natural Law endorsement in MI, maybe one of the biggest effects is it prevents anyone else from getting this free ballot line. Rather than Kennedy and some other person on the AIP line, it's just Kennedy.

Anyway, this is undoubtedly good news for Kennedy as much as some other people are going to enjoy dunking on RFK for having his father's archnemesis' party support him. THAT angle is one I could see the other members of the Kennedy family bashing him over.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1270 on: May 01, 2024, 10:56:07 AM »

Libertarian Party: Trump accepts invite to National Convention

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1271 on: May 01, 2024, 12:37:39 PM »

Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #1272 on: May 01, 2024, 12:40:13 PM »

Is this Bobby's so-called "special announcement", that Biden should drop out? Or that he beats either Trump or Biden head-to-head?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1273 on: May 01, 2024, 12:40:57 PM »

I love how he loses Pennsylvania in both head to head matchups against Biden and Trump.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #1274 on: May 01, 2024, 12:41:39 PM »

Neither of the Kennedy maps suggest much #populist appeal.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies