Where did you stand on the lockdowns? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:20:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Where did you stand on the lockdowns? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When COVID was getting started, were you for or against lockdowns?
Supported the lockdowns

Against the lockdowns

No true opinion

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Where did you stand on the lockdowns?  (Read 1977 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: August 03, 2021, 02:39:37 PM »

Strongly opposed. All the way through but especially after April. What is happening in Australia right now is such a tragedy and disgrace, and I'm thankful we're not them or France right now. The US became a country because of tyranny like this, and Democrats seem to cheer it on.

This issue has really made me question a lot of things. It's made me feel more alone than ever (in more ways than one, lol). I never thought I would be arguing with other libertarians on Twitter from prominent "think tanks" about how severe this actually is, or now that opposing mandatory vaccines somehow makes me an "anti-vaxxer". It's ludicrous. The assault on basic human liberty over a virus that kills and hospitalizes a tiny fraction of the population (disproportionately obese, old, unhealthy) I would think would unite a ton of people of different political backgrounds because I thought of it as a libertarian vs authoritarian thing, not left vs right. To say the least, it's been disappointing how many people I thought were my natural political allies, have been at best mixed on their views of this, and how many good leftists just fell into the cult of Fauci and co. Greenwald, Tracey and others have been some of the few holdouts of valuable insights and criticisms of the modern left and their authoritarian tendencies over the past two years. The right has been certainly better than the left on this issue but not strong enough in my view. Republican governors still did shutdowns that weren't justified, but DeSantis has been a beacon of what's needed in my view, and I have mixed views on his other policies, but I commend him for standing up against the lockdown mob in the media.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies