What is the greater threat to America? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is the greater threat to America? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Russia

Islamic terrorism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: What is the greater threat to America?  (Read 1565 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:52:34 PM »

Clearly, Islamic Terrorism. Defeating ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Shaabab, al-Nusra, Boko Haram and other dangerous radical islamic groups should be the number one priority of our foreign policy. These groups are a legitimate threat to the western world and especially towards liberal democratic organs.

Even if these groups don't have a direct impact on the United States (I, however, believe they do, but also believe our country smartly created a system in our NatSec that protects us better) they have a massive impact on our allies in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

The European Union's pathetic and sluggish response to Islamic terrorism has led to the rise of extremely polarizing populist/illiberal parties on both the right and the left. These parties are now not only polling well in their countries but are starting to pull off stunning electoral victories.

The mainstream right and the  mainstream left in the EU are equally at fault. They have no principles, they have little care for the opinions of the average person and they idiotically defend policies that have been proven failed to work against terrorism. The left of course, are apologists for terrorists and Islamic radicals and want to take in more refugees (i.e. Sweden) while the right is content with making fake "stands on principle" by backing minor "EU reforms", claiming to back "reforms on immigration" or supporting small or limited "anti-terror airstrikes" when convenient 

This tectonic rift in EU politics is allowing  Putin-style parties and figures to rise up and gain power (Viktor Orban, anybody? Or the Czech Republic's close ties to Moscow? Bulgaria's economy being tied to Russia's hip?). Which brings me to my next point:

I also believe Russia is a major geopolitical threat and headache.

That being said, the American left's attempts to start world war III over Putin is despicable and ironic. We (Romney Republicans) warned you in 2012 that Russia was problematic. You didn't listen, you don't get to write the narrative on Russia now. Sorry not sorry.

Obama weakened our national security and international standings and now we have to work with Russia to try and secure stability in the Middle East (via Syria). I believe this is necessary to protect our image in the Middle East. If we don't do something to regain our image there, Russia will waltz in and shift our historical allies into their coalition. But, of course, the American Left (especially BRTD) will ramble about how if you even work with Russia on one thing then you are a Putin apologist.

We must continue to oppose their aggressive and expansionist policies in Europe. We must solidify NATO's legitimacy by questioning, investigating or potentially suspending Turkey's membership. Turkey has become autocratic and, now, in an attempt to secure its place in the world, is trying to align itself with Russia and the Shanghai Bloc.

But, of course, American leftists just want to whine about Turkey and not actually address the situation. Of course, American leftists think Russia's expansionism is bad, but are the very people who left Ukraine for dead. They are the very people who supported a President who THREATENED Ukraine into voting for an Anti-Israel resolution, like a "Russian thug" (your words, not mine, leftists) would.

American Leftists how literally no ounce of wisdom on any foreign policy or national security issues post-2008. It's honestly pretty sad how Democrats have controlled the white house since 2009 but are continuously blaming  Republican ideology or foreign policies for the world's current situation.

Also, no, global warming/climate change is not a major national security threat. Believing so is literally why the left is failing across the world and why Hillary lost to Trump.

Is global warming/climate change a problem? possibly. Is it more of a tangible threat towards people's lives at the moment? Absolutely not. 
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »

what?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies