Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 318638 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »

Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment:

The death penalty may not be given for any crime throughout Atlasia, whether federal or regional.

Yes yes, I know it failed a while ago....but I'm not giving up Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »

Repeal of Privacy Protection Act:

FL 31-18 is hereby repealed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »

Repeal of Privacy Protection Act:

FL 31-18 is hereby repealed.

If another senator were willing to assume sponsorship of this bill for me, we could start debating it immediately. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have any other bills on the Senate floor right now.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 02:12:40 PM »

Thanks a lot!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 08:22:31 AM »

Public IP Address Amendment:

IP addresses may be used in criminal trials as evidence without a search warrant.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »

New Mexico Reconstruction Act:

1.  Seventeen million dollars shall be sent to the Pacific region, nine million will be used to reconstruct damaged buildings on the front, while the other eight million will be reimbursed as a form of stimulus to civilians who have lost their homes during the brief rebellion.

2. A statue is to be constructed in Albequrque, of Vice President Bacon King. This will be a monument to his brave defense of a nation plagued by rebellion.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »

Establishment of Opebo Day Bill

1. The sixth of October is hereby designated "Opebo Day", a federal holiday.
2. All federal institutions are to be closed on this day.
3. This is in honor of Opebo's infamous "Max Hardcore" quote which was originally issued on that date in the year of 2005.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:50 AM »

I'll support this, with a few amendments. Smiley

Always willing to accept friendly amendments Smiley

I would maybe consider what other criminal offenses we have in Atlasia and think about whether the sentences outlined here are really in line with the others. I mean, being convicted of voter fraud under the CCJA can result in 3-month voting bans, as there is no minimum.

If anyone is willing to make this a greater reform here, I would suggest adding these two things to the CCJA and then mandating mandatory minimum sentences for ALL offenses in the CCJA. I don't think that would be unreasonable.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 06:41:14 AM »

Free refill ban:

1.) It shall be a criminal offence to offer a "flat rate" for any drink that contains sugar or alcohol. Listed prices must be valid for an exact quantity and be charged for any additional quantity.

2.) Violators will be fined an amount not to exceed $1,000 per offence.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »

The Vice President finally has a purpose amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »

Animal Protection Act:

1) The commercial production, sale, and purchase of meat is hereby criminalized.

2) Any businesses found to be producing meat for any reason, including but not limited to commercial sale, shall be fined up to $1,000,000 per violation and may be ordered closed if unable to pay the fine. In the case of a repeated violation, the business must be closed and the owners prohibited from operating any other animal-related businesses.

3) Any restaurant or retailer found selling meat shall be fined up to $1,000,000 per violation and may be ordered closed if unable to pay the fine. In the case of a repeated violation, the restaurant or retailer must be closed and the owners prohibited from operating any other restaurants or animal-related businesses.

Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies