Time Person of the Year 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:44:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Time Person of the Year 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Time Person of the Year 2015  (Read 3400 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 25, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »

It's clearly Baghdadi, but the magazibe normally shines away from picking controversial figures for fear of 'endorsing'. Either him or Trump. If people really want an inspirational pick they should go with Suu Kyi.
Seriously, Baghdadi is the only person on this list who has made a major impact (certainly a negative one) on this world.
Except his main impact was last year, not this year. There is no obvious choice for this year, but it's about time for Time to name another entrepreneur who is supposedly remaking the world with a disruptive business model. So of the 59 choices they gave, I think Travis Kalanick, Uber's CEO, is the most likely one for them to pick, but even so his chances are at best 1 in 5.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »

Donald Trump would sell the most magazines.
Possibly, but then they'd run the risk of having the same person two years in a row if he wins the presidency.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »

I'll repeat what I previously said:
There is no obvious choice for this year, but it's about time for Time to name another entrepreneur who is supposedly remaking the world with a disruptive business model. So of the 59 choices they gave, I think Travis Kalanick, Uber's CEO, is the most likely one for them to pick, but even so his chances are at best 1 in 5.
I'll up them to 1 in 3 now that he's made the shortlist.  He's still the likeliest choice, and some of these eight have zero chance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies