John Elway for US Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:21:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  John Elway for US Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Elway for US Senate  (Read 17734 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« on: December 30, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

This was actually in the paper today but this article is similar to it...

Hush, Hush & On The QT: John Elway for US Senate?

Now that former Bronco quarterback, John Elway has gone his separate way with the AutoNation Car Dealerships, does that mean he is ready to run for office? And if he does, why not make it the US Senate in 2008?
Elway has been a Republican stalwart for many years, supporting Republican candidates such as Rick O'Donnell, Scott McInnis, Pete Coors, Tom Tancredo, Bob Beauprez and George W. Bush in the tune of thousands of dollars. Plus, Elway has collaborated with Republican get-out-the-vote efforts with robo-calls messages, fundraisers and public appearances. That means there are a lot of political IOU's out there to sustain an Elway run for senate.

In the past, Elway has polled "very positively" with Colorado voters and still has tremendous name recognition throughout the state. With Elway on top of a statewide ticket in 2008, it certainly would put the Republicans back into play in Colorado politics.

---------------
I hope this happens. I'm not Broncos fan but I would prefer him over Allard.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:20:52 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2006, 07:22:41 PM by CPT MikeyMike »

Ugh, I can't stand Elway.  I don't care what his politics are, he just rubs me the wrong way.
You and RBH must be rooting for the same teams!

The three worst things a person can be are:

1) A Nazi war criminal
2) A child molester
3) John Elway

As a Chiefs fan, let me add, screw you Elway!
I would say the same thing if Derek Jeter ran for public office!
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »

Until then we've got Bob Schaffer lined up to give a run at Allard's seat.  Though it seems I'm alone on this site, I'm very optimistic.

The biggest mistake CO Republicans did was to electe Pete Coors instead of Schaffer in the '04 primary. I bet you Schaffer would have beaten Salazar.

If Udall wins in '08, it will be a VERY close margin. I think he is favored but don't expect him to get no more than 51-52% of the vote.

BTW Rawlings: What part of CO are you from? I lived in the Springs until Feb of this year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies