🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:50:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021  (Read 74988 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:22:29 PM »

thorium bruh
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:13:08 PM »

Can we get a translation of that Beer party ad? I feel like it’d be funnier if I knew what they were saying...
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »

I can't believe that nobody has written anything about tomorrow's presidential election in Austria yet.
Incumbent President Alexander Van der Bellen, a member of the Green Party of Austria, is seeking re-election, which he is expected to win, albeit not quite as easy anymore as it had seemed at the beginning of the election campaign.
In the polls, he is still leading with a comfortable margin, but he has fallen below the 50% threshold in the meantime, so that it may come to a runoff in the end.
Trailing far behind, the FPÖ guy Walter Rosenkranz and Marco Pogo from the ... Beer Party are competing for the second place.
Oh, if you're wondering who that Marco Pogo is, he is the lead singer of the punk-rock band TURBOBIER that makes songs like this...

Wouldn't it be funny if Pogo really made it to the runoffs, so that Van der Bellen would have to go head to head with him in a live TV debate? 🤭
You won't guess what Dominik Wlazny (alias Marco Pogo) does for a living in "real" life...

If he makes it to the runoff then the party should fold, like the Best Party in Iceland did once they started actually winning elections, to avoid defeating the purpose of the entire satirical candidacy and being subsumed into the object of satire (cf. Mark Fisher on "Why I Want to F-ck Ronald Reagan").
he's running a more serious campaign this time around though it seems. Either way, I'd vote for him or der Bellen.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 02:10:35 PM »

Marco Pogo has at least jumped back up to 3rd. https://bundeswahlen.gv.at/2022/

He also got 2nd in Vienna.
Pages: [1]