PM Series: Question 14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:05:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  PM Series: Question 14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The minimum wage should be raised
Agree

Usually Agree

Neutral

Usually Disagree

Disagree

Critical Issue

Not a Critical Issue

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: PM Series: Question 14  (Read 1357 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »

Agree, as I have a sense of compassion.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »

Agree, as I have a sense of compassion.
So I take it you oppose the perpetual currency debasement that makes it nearly impossible to survive off minimum wage in the first place?

I've had a minimum wage job myself. I was paid the federal $7.25 wage because, left up to the state of Louisiana, there would be no set minimum wage.

I consider myself a very frugal person and it was often tough. I couldn't imagine sustaining a family on it. With the wealth gap as big as it is in this country, doing away with the minimum wage seems immoral to me.  
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »

I'm just telling you my experience with this Tongue Living on the minimum wage has kinda, ya know, informed my views on it more than anything else.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »

^ We're gonna have to disagree here. I can tell you've thought a lot about this, which I admire.

In a perfect world, I'm sure your wonderful, dispassionate Libertarian theories would work well.

'Just curious, have you ever lived on the minimum wage? Seems you're eager to blame the politicians, in my mind, the moneyed interests pushing to abolish the minimum wage are likewise disingenuous.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:52:52 AM »

Deus, to be perfectly honest, you're wasting time and pixels here. The OP asked how I usually vote on this question and I answered. Like dead0man, I've changed my stance on this, as I was Neutral before I, 'ya know, got a minumum wage myself. Given the choice between rasing the minumum wage and the status quo, I'd raise it.

You're talking about is deeper reform to the economic system as a whole. Okay, fine. Until those more systematic changes are made, I don't mind paying a few extra cents for a cheesburger.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »

Ususlly disagree, non-critical.  I'm not opposed to indexing it with inflation (a relatively tiny increase each year or two), as that only seems fair.  However, a sudden raise to something like $15.00 per hour nationally is both a terrible idea and ridiculous.

What about like $9 or $10?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies