To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:35:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8705 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »

the fact that the Republicans are clearly being lied to and they don't care. Therefore, they are either deplorable or stupid. Perhaps it is bad strategy to say it out loud, but it remains true.

And this, my friends, is the reason as to why the Democrats are more and more becoming a party of the upper to border Atlantic states, and of the west coast, with a smattering of support in the Midwest.

It is an attitude such as this that leads to complacency, arrogance, and decline.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »

the fact that the Republicans are clearly being lied to and they don't care. Therefore, they are either deplorable or stupid. Perhaps it is bad strategy to say it out loud, but it remains true.

And this, my friends, is the reason as to why the Democrats are more and more becoming a party of the upper to border Atlantic states, and of the west coast, with a smattering of support in the Midwest.

It is an attitude such as this that leads to complacency, arrogance, and decline.

You know, if you tune into right wing media...their always insulting urbanites in big cities. Michael Savage loves to slam San Francisco making it sound like people are having groupsex in the streets, and Fox news loves to go around NYC and insult people and make them look stupid...especially any protesters that look like how rural Conservatives imagine NYCers to look.

Get off your high horse.

And it is precisely this Democrat attitude as to why Trump won and Clinton lost.

Get off your merry-go- round.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »

Republicans won because we treat people with respect, unlike the Democrats who call others deplorables, and because we recognize the struggles of Americans, unlike the Democrats, who ignored large sectors of the American people, e.g. people in the rust belt, who Hillary virtually ignored.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:12:28 AM »

For:  Mondale Won 1 State

When you take into consideration that Mondale lost the 2002 Minnesota U.S. Senate election, that means that Mondale was the only candidate in the history of U.S. elections to have lost a statewide vote in all 50 states, because Reagan won the other 49 states in the Presidential election of 1984 against Mondale.  Smiley

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:15 AM »

Republicans hate Democrats and Democrats hate Republicans. That's how it is.

Republicans, Democrats, Independents, should all learn even though we have our differences, we should all have respect for one another.

We are, after all, all members of the human race.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »

Did the Republicans disappear in 1936?

No.

There is a reason the Republicans now control the Presidency, the U.S. Senate, the U.S. House, most of the Governorships, most of the state legislative houses, and are likely to set the agenda on the U.S. Supreme Court for a generation.

That is because the Democrats considered voters to be stupid, called them deplorable, took voters for granted, and ignored large segments of the electorate.

The Democrats fully deserve to be in the predicament in which they now find themselves.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »

For:  Mondale Won 1 State

When you take into consideration that Mondale lost the 2002 Minnesota U.S. Senate election, that means that Mondale was the only candidate in the history of U.S. elections to have lost a statewide vote in all 50 states, because Reagan won the other 49 states in the Presidential election of 1984 against Mondale.  Smiley

You say this as if I'm some sort of liberal

I am actually simply pointing this interesting fact out, fully recognizing that you are no doubt aware of it already.

Whether you are liberal, conservative, moderate, I do not know, but I fully respect your right to be of whatever persuasion you so choose.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »

Typical Democrat tactic, pathetically attempting to paint the Republican Party and Trump supporters with the same brush as a few kooks.

May I remind you that 99.99% of the people who voted for Trump are everyday Americans, honest, hard working, tax paying people, who want jobs, and are sick of the establishment calling the shots.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 03:11:17 PM »

Typical Democrat tactic, pathetically attempting to paint the Republican Party and Trump supporters with the same brush as a few kooks.

May I remind you that 99.99% of the people who voted for Trump are everyday Americans, honest, hard working, tax paying people, who want jobs, and are sick of the establishment calling the shots.

It is not 99.99% when 40% of republicans believe Obama is a Muslim, when the number of hate groups tripled under Obama, an the new republican president ran on building a wall across the Mexican border, banning Muslims, and is openly beloved by skinheads then it is not a small fringe

Your assertion that the kooks referred to in the article you quoted and your inference that this somehow represents Republicans and Trump supporters, and your statement this article proves that Trump voters are stupid and deplorable is utter nonsense.

Trump received almost 63,000,000 votes, the vast, vast majority of which come from honest, hard working, tax paying Americans.

A miniscule number of these votes came from kooks.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »

Your assertion that the kooks referred to in the article you quoted and your inference that this somehow represents Republicans and Trump supporters, and your statement this article proves that Trump voters are stupid and deplorable is utter nonsense.

Trump received almost 63,000,000 votes, the vast, vast majority of which come from honest, hard working, tax paying Americans.

A miniscule number of these votes came from kooks.

This is all just fluff as it seems to imply that the 66 million who voted for Clinton are not honest, hard working, tax paying Americans. Republicans seem to think that they are the authority on who qualifies as honest, hard working, tax paying Americans and the rest of us have to follow their guidelines to see if we qualify.

Republicans do this with patriotism also. Only they and they alone can decide who's patriotic and surely no leftist, komucha drinking, big city, computer graphics designer just cant be patriotic. Only small town dairy farmers or steel workers, etc...

Your words, not mine.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »

No. 1 Amazon bestseller: 266 blank pages on why to vote Democrat
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/us/book-best-seller-trnd/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can we please just admit that Republican voters really are stupid and move on to how we're going to deal with real-world evil Idiocracy?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies