To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8706 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« on: March 09, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »

Runeghost or elcorazon for DNC chairman, guys! They'd do all the work for us!

to be fair, most republicans are proposing, the democrats should take one of those guys as chairman, who the republican base would never vote for in the first place, cause if low energy.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »

since i am not able to control me fellow leftists, how shall i blame other right-ists for the comments and the worldview of others.

the interesting question is only how you judge the opinions of the radical elements of "your" side.

the right surely took the lead through praising the fringe-right, even while milo finally found the wall.....the left is trying to broaden its own frontiers but is still much more "limited" in some ways.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »

i am not convinced that you can be an asshole all the time and never are forced to pay for it...this only works in some years, with some moods, against some candidates and it still didn't REALLY work.

maybe the next time, trump has crushed the outsider image so much, that the forst one to call his rival even something harmless like "jerk" will be toast.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:32:44 PM »

Republicans won because we treat people with respect, .....

i respect your wish to forget the cruel results of this election through constantly behaving like "your side" REALLY won, but we both know, at some point this is going to bore you more than it satisfies.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »

sure amen to the OP but i think our "general sense of fairness" often makes us wonder how the "other side" gets away with cheaper explanations.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »

deplorables was maybe the weakest attack of the whole campaign, regarding personal level stuff, but i realized long ago that if you look for fairness or justice, politics isn't your field of work.

the demographics which are atm more closely related with the GOP are much easier to enrage/motivate and have far more sophisticated echo chambers, which is why democrats must be much more sensitive in many ways than most republicans.

simple truth.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »

]So you're saying that because the GOP are sensitive and because they control the media they take in so well, democrats have to be MORE sensitive than Republicans. I'm not sure I follow you.

okay, again:

1) republican voters, especially primary/midterm-voters are much easier to enrage/motivate.

2) the republican echo-chamber is much better connected than the disperse democratic choice of information sources and is much better at capitalizing on outrage.

republicans say something potentially outrageous = diverse democratic base hears about it from different angles, according to their outlet of choice and is much less motivated to "do" something about it.

democrats say something potentially outrageous = more homogenous republican base hears about it mostly from a specific frame, all media from FOX NEWS down is driving and hyping it, and it easily lits up enough "fire" to change an election or two.

not academical but...just comparing how many twitter accounts embraced the deplorable thing and how few made a similar attempt with donald's many many many worse comments, shows you all you need to know.

democrats must be a looooooot more careful, especially on national level....as i said, this isn't about fairness, this is about the current political reality, imho.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »

not helping. Tongue

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:34:23 PM »

I guess there's something to that, but I don't really think it matters for regular Joe's like me. That would be justification for Hillary not saying half of Trump's supporters are part of a basket of deplorables, regardless of it's truth, but I'm not really sure how my random truth telling impacts this. I don't think the new meme from breitbart is going to be a response to my analysis.

you are absolutely right, i didn't try to make THAT kind of comment, just talking about officials, elected or not.

well, the game is going to be changed anyway when the boomers are gone.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »

I've never met an intelligent racist.

there are MAAAAAAAAAAANY.....they are just normally not very decent persons.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »

This is a group, after all, that made "F**k Your Feelings" a political slogan.

i don't think we need to point out, that this is ofc major BS, even while some students are real snowflakes....but contrary to the republican boomers, they are ALL SHOUTING - no action.

The real difference usually only is hooked to the question, WHAT you offended about.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »

Too late.

The Democrats are so incompetent, morally bankrupt, and lacking of vision that we are becoming a one-party state ruled by the Republicans as the Democrats keep losing record numbers of seats.

wanna bet that "trend" will be kind of...eh.... stopped 2018, outside of the senate?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »

the pendulum swinging against the wall and getting stuck is as inevitable as demopgrahic democratic domination determination. Tongue

the US isn't eastern europe, voters change stuff.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »

538 did an exhaustive study that showed that voter suppression ID laws really didnt do as much damage as previously thought.

yes, less than thought...is still way too much.

since the GOP caucus is fractured and freedom caucusers are usually in the most partisan districts, the difference between 40 seats and 20 seats would be everything sometimes.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »

i totally agree - as i said before - with the logic of the OP, at least cause it is smart politics.

otherwise the "rural" resentment against the "urban lifestyle" is ofc an underrated narrative.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »

'The definition of insanity is voting Republican over and over again, but expecting different results.'

Yes, but Trump is not Republican. Romney&McCain&Bush are closer to Hillary than to Trump and likely voted for her.

and as a result we are getting policies which are romney on steroids.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 10:57:05 AM »

newsflash: everybody got a public and a private position.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 09:45:21 PM »

that is the great thing about the new nationalism....as absurd as this sounds, the new global-crypto-nationalism is not patriotic and would at any moment betry its own country and the people of its own country, if it would further the global anti-globalist cause.

it's an ideology of contradictions, driven by reactionary thoughts.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 04:04:06 PM »

I have a .....crazy...proposal:

The US party-duopoly ensures, that literally EVERYONE is all the time pissed at both parties, even while to a different degree or for different reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies