Sam Spade Ad #5 - "Security in the Present, Hope for the Future"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:53:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sam Spade Ad #5 - "Security in the Present, Hope for the Future"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade Ad #5 - "Security in the Present, Hope for the Future"  (Read 433 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:10:39 PM »

Ad #5 - "Security in the Present, Hope for the Future"

Short:  30 seconds-45 seconds

(dark, images of war)In these troubled times, security is often at the foremost of everyone's mind.  Three and a half years ago, our security was threatened and we took action against that breach.

(getting brighter, music growing) But even after that we still maintained hope for the future, hope for a better future that would recognize the great strides Atlasia has made in its past and would make in its coming years.

(music louder, triumphant) The Sam Spade "Road to Citizenship" plan provides us with that "Security for the Present", while still not giving up our "Hope for the Future" that is built in the greatest natural resources Atlasia has: its diversity, its freedom and its liberty.

(Sam Spade speaking, bright sunny day)

To create "Security in the Present", The "Road to Citizenship" plan will add 9,000 more Border Patrol officers and 3,000 more INS officers to keep our borders safe from terrorists, and allow those who wish to emigrate legally a steadier, quicker process.

The "Road to Citizenship" plan also increases fines and penalties on those who choose to violate our visa and passport laws and those who wish to employ illegal immigrants at substandard jobs and wages.

And to create a "Hope for the Future" for all those who want to immigrate here and make our country a better, freer place...

the "Road to Citizenship plan" lays out a system where immigrants and employers can work together so that employers will have workers who wish to become part of Atlasia and workers will have jobs that are secure, with fair wages and be set on the road to becoming citizens and believers in Atlasia.

(music softer) Atlasia has always been built upon those who want to make a better life for themselves and a greater country in Atlasia.

(beautiful scene of light shining forth, with triumphant music) Let's not spoil that chance for freedom, liberty and diversity as Atlasia shines as a beacon of light upon the rest of the world in the 21st century and beyond.

Vote Sam Spade.

Ad paid for by the Sam Spade for Senate committee.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:18:43 PM »

Ad #5 - "Security in the Present, Hope for the Future"

Short:  30 seconds-45 seconds

(dark, images of war)In these troubled times, security is often at the foremost of everyone's mind.  Three and a half years ago, our security was threatened and we took action against that breach.

(getting brighter, music growing) But even after that we still maintained hope for the future, hope for a better future that would recognize the great strides Atlasia has made in its past and would make in its coming years.

(music louder, triumphant) The Sam Spade "Road to Citizenship" plan provides us with that "Security for the Present", while still not giving up our "Hope for the Future" that is built in the greatest natural resources Atlasia has: its diversity, its freedom and its liberty.

(Sam Spade speaking, bright sunny day)

To create "Security in the Present", The "Road to Citizenship" plan will add 9,000 more Border Patrol officers and 3,000 more INS officers to keep our borders safe from terrorists, and allow those who wish to emigrate legally a steadier, quicker process.

The "Road to Citizenship" plan also increases fines and penalties on those who choose to violate our visa and passport laws and those who wish to employ illegal immigrants at substandard jobs and wages.

And to create a "Hope for the Future" for all those who want to immigrate here and make our country a better, freer place...

the "Road to Citizenship plan" lays out a system where immigrants and employers can work together so that employers will have workers who wish to become part of Atlasia and workers will have jobs that are secure, with fair wages and be set on the road to becoming citizens and believers in Atlasia.

(music softer) Atlasia has always been built upon those who want to make a better life for themselves and a greater country in Atlasia.

(beautiful scene of light shining forth, with triumphant music) Let's not spoil that chance for freedom, liberty and diversity as Atlasia shines as a beacon of light upon the rest of the world in the 21st century and beyond.

Vote Sam Spade.

Ad paid for by the Sam Spade for Senate committee.

Thats Really Great. I agree with Everything you said there. Cept the part about "vote sam spade"
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 06:16:04 PM »

I thought you opposed my plan because you said this earlier:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you now support and agree with my plan.  It does nothing towards stopping immigration; what it does is channel illegal immigrants with the incentive "carrot" through legal channels and creates stronger punishment towards companies who wish to violate those laws.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 11:53:59 PM »

Do you now support and agree with my plan.  It does nothing towards stopping immigration; what it does is channel illegal immigrants with the incentive "carrot" through legal channels and creates stronger punishment towards companies who wish to violate those laws.

My statement was about STOPING illegal Immigration. If you want to post more border control on the border I assumed you wanted to stop ILLEGAL immigration. So if you are in favor of letting Illegal immigrants into this country, then no Im sorry I DO NOT agree with you.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 03:00:03 AM »

My statement was about STOPING illegal Immigration. If you want to post more border control on the border I assumed you wanted to stop ILLEGAL immigration. So if you are in favor of letting Illegal immigrants into this country, then no Im sorry I DO NOT agree with you.

Immigration is one of those issues (like most issues) that's more than a black and white topic:  i.e., legal immigration good, illegal immigration bad.

No matter how big of a fence you build or how many people you put on the borders, you will never stop people from immigrating if they seriously want to.

As I said earlier, the increase in Border Patrol and INS people is primarily in my mind for security reasons.  Recently, we've had terrorists sneak across the borders of Mexico to do harm to this country.  I would wish for us to do as much to stop that as possible and stopping them at the Mexican border is the first place to start.

The increase in INS agents is to combat immigration, naturalization and deportation issues.  Remember that a large number of the 9/11 hijackers were in the US on outdated passports and visas.  By increasing the number of INS agents, we give the department greater flexibility and manpower to go after such cases and again prevent terrorist attacks from happening.

Then, my "guest worker program" (which I envision as being more of a road to naturalization program) is designed primarily to make illegal immigrants become legal immigrants by leading them to take the legal path and rewarding those who take it.

I have no intention, nor would I want, to cut immigration to this country by people who truly want to be Atlasian citizens.  That would be gravely mistaken.

And that's the real problem with this black:white view on immigration right now that both sides suffer from.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies