The Winfield legacy lives on
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:49:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Winfield legacy lives on
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Winfield legacy lives on  (Read 2518 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »

McCain has said repeatedly his number one criteria in his running mate is to select someone who could be President.

It is absolutely asinine to believe that Palin comes within light years of that qualification.

McCain would be laughed off the Presidential stage with that pick, and his career would be in tatters.

McCain cannot afford to make a mistake with his Vice Presidential pick, he has to get it right the first time.  He has one chance and one chance only. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »

The beginning has an interesting caveat...

I'd pick Mitt Romney.

He's not too liberal, not too conservative.  He seems to strike the right balance. 

He's very intelligent, I think charismatic, and has proven his executive and managerial abilities, both in the business world, and as governor.

He straightened out the floundering and scandal ridden Salt Lake Olympics, and has an admirable record as Governor.

He has a sense of humor as well.  Did you see him a couple of years ago speaking to a very Democratic audience on St. Patrick's Day?

His appeal cuts accross party lines.  He seems to have appeal for Republicans, Democrats, Independents.

I believe he would be successful in making a breakthrough for the GOP in the northeast, as well as holding traditionally GOP states.

I believe a Romney Santorum ticket would be very strong.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »

Winfield has acknowledged the truth in the past.

Mitt Romney is "A" class all the way.  He is very intelligent and an extremely capable leader.  I believe he could be competitive in parts of the northeast, as well as in some of the swing states that went Dem in '04.  With a southerner VP on the ticket, the GOP would again win the south, as well as areas of their traditional strengths.

Mormons are devout Christians, and the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon and a devout Christian should not enter into the equation at all.  I would vote for a Mormon, a Protestant, a Catholic, a Jew, a Muslim, white, black, oriental, whatever, if I believed they could do the job and if I liked their character and policies they stood for.

Being critical of someone because of their religious beliefs or their race is something I would have hoped died out decades ago.

Mitt Romney, and any other candidate, should be judged on their abilities, character, and stands on the issues.

I do not believe Mitt Romney will be the the GOP nominee in '08.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »

Why is this thread?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

To mock Winfield.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »

If that's the goal, you're doing a poor job. I agree with everything he's said, and even you folks should agree that it's not overly hackish.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »

The thread is to praise Winfield-
-he correctly predicted the harm Palin would do
-he stated support for Romney from the get go
-he admitted Romney would not win the nomination in 2008.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »

Given that Winfield is a member of the Romney family, a family friend, or Mitt Romney himself, I don't think he deserves that much credit.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »

Given that Winfield is a member of the Romney family, a family friend, or Mitt Romney himself, I don't think he deserves that much credit.

That would be a great scandal, if Winfield were revealed to be Mitt Romney.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »

That would be a great scandal, if Winfield were revealed to be Mitt Romney.

No effect. Mitt Romney is already considered a disconnected from reality buffoon.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

And then went on to sing her praises to an utterly ridiculous extent for the rest of the fall.  After the election he immediately went back to admitting what a stupid choice she had been.  When called out for this inconsistency, he told us he was merely cheerleading the GOP ticket ahead of the election, as if this were some kind of place where insincere media spin actually mattered or something.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »

as if this were some kind of place where insincere media spin actually mattered or something.

to be fair many posters act like this.  like there is an audience.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »

as if this were some kind of place where insincere media spin actually mattered or something.

Someone noted in IRC last night that a lot of people in the discussion on the Wisconsin recall posted like they were on some Fox News roundtable or something instead of just posters on an internet forum.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

Someone noted in IRC last night that a lot of people in the discussion on the Wisconsin recall posted like they were on some Fox News roundtable or something instead of just posters on an internet forum.

Frankly, I like that. I first had the impression this was a fairly high-brow place, and anything to revive that impression I'd consider good.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 03:58:05 AM »

And then went on to sing her praises to an utterly ridiculous extent for the rest of the fall.  After the election he immediately went back to admitting what a stupid choice she had been.  When called out for this inconsistency, he told us he was merely cheerleading the GOP ticket ahead of the election, as if this were some kind of place where insincere media spin actually mattered or something.

Wait... Winfield actually tried to provide an explanation of his behavior?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 04:24:45 AM »

Frankly, I like that. I first had the impression this was a fairly high-brow place, and anything to revive that impression I'd consider good.
Are you saying that faux-news is a high-brow place? I thought it was used to brainwash the poors about the rich liberals?
Anyway, do you guys think that Romney would be a hack if he were an Atlas Forum poster? I think he would be pretty awkward but then the Romney hacks are awkward already but otherwise normal.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »

Are you saying that faux-news is a high-brow place? I thought it was used to brainwash the poors about the rich liberals?
Anyway, do you guys think that Romney would be a hack if he were an Atlas Forum poster? I think he would be pretty awkward but then the Romney hacks are awkward already but otherwise normal.

Yes, Fox News is a very high-brow place compared to an internet forum. Regardless of purpose, it's high-brow.

Romney would be considered a Romney hack; he would not be considered funny. However, he would be considered coherent.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies