Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:55:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families  (Read 1910 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »

Trump has no set policies, I honestly don't see how anyone can take him seriously at this point.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »

If Trump's intentions are to reverse his earlier extreme positions, I don't know how well that will work with his supporters. Many worship him like a god so I doubt they'd leave en mass. Even if he moved to the center from his extreme right wing positions on immigration, national security policy....I doubt non-Trump supporters will buy it.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »

I like how the anti-TRUMP trolls are trying to paint this as a bad thing.  Also love the Sandernistaesque idea that politicians should never change their views lol

We're not saying it's a bad thing, this is a good thing if he is sincere about actually giving up an extreme-right position on an issue like this and moving into sensible territory. But on the other hand it makes him look like a flip-flopper much like Romney.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »

We're not saying it's a bad thing, this is a good thing if he is sincere about actually giving up an extreme-right position on an issue like this and moving into sensible territory. But on the other hand it makes him look like a flip-flopper much like Romney.

I don't really understand how being a "flip-flopper" is a bad thing.  I prefer my politicians to be responsive to the wishes of the general population and willing to admit when they are wrong.

Because it shows you lack a core ideology if you drastically change your policy such as in the case of Trump here. It's fine if you admit you were wrong on something after doing the research and said research led you to conclude that your view was wrong and you're changing your view based on the factual evidence.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »

Because it shows you lack a core ideology if you drastically change your policy such as in the case of Trump here. It's fine if you admit you were wrong on something after doing the research and said research led you to conclude that your view was wrong and you're changing your view based on the factual evidence.

And what makes you think that TRUMP didn't conduct further research before changing his position?

He did all that research in the span of less than 24 hours?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies