From another board re: The South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  From another board re: The South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From another board re: The South  (Read 6960 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: December 19, 2004, 01:09:22 AM »

I don't know what Georgia he lived in, but he's either lying, exaggerating, or had bad taste in neighborhoods and lucked out moving to the north. I've never had any of the problems he's described, and I have lived here my entire life.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 01:17:04 AM »

Yeah. We do too...but only when they're winning. Wink

I don't really give a damn about football or sports in general. Kinda boring just to watch, playing can be fun though. I much prefer games of the mental variety, like chess or something.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 03:50:51 PM »

By the way, about our cities having "problems"....Where is the highest crime in our country? Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas...all Southern cities.

Didn't we discuss this already? We pretty much boiled it down to a higher heat climate and minority demographics.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

By the way, about our cities having "problems"....Where is the highest crime in our country? Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas...all Southern cities.

Didn't we discuss this already? We pretty much boiled it down to a higher heat climate and minority demographics.

and segregation

In case you haven't noticed, that's not a factor anymore.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:24:37 PM »

and segregation

In case you haven't noticed, that's not a factor anymore.

Take another look..

Hmmm, lemme see, I work with black people, I go to college with black people, I went to elementary, middle, and high school with quite a number of black people, hell, even my pre-school had black people, and I've never seen a 'No coloreds' sign in my life outside of documentaries and history books. Maybe you're the one who should take another look.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies