The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:16:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush  (Read 4690 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

This attempted revitalization of "Blame Bush" reminds me of the following quote from the movie Traffic, which is probably not historically accurate but that is beside the point:

"You know, when they forced Khruschev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said - 'When you get yourself into a situation you can't get out of, open the first letter, and you'll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can't get out of, open the second letter.' Well, soon enough, this guy found himself into a tight place, so he opened the first letter, which said - 'Blame everything on me.' So he blames the old man, it worked like a charm. He got himself into a second situation he couldn't get out of, he opened the second letter. It said - 'Sit down, and write two letters.' "

I don't see why the horrific, embarassing disaster that was the Bush Presidency shouldn't be blamed for the continuing effects of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression since they, uh... caused it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies