U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:42:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains  (Read 11361 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »

If I was an Israeli nationalist I would seem like a wonderful opportunity to double the Jewish population of Israel.

Most Israeli nationalists I, at least, know aren't nearly that psychopathic.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »

If I was an Israeli nationalist I would seem like a wonderful opportunity to double the Jewish population of Israel.

Most Israeli nationalists I, at least, know aren't nearly that psychopathic.

Their closeted perhaps? Maybe once you meet enough Christian Zionists you will understand. So no, having a religious motivation does not make an individual " psychopathic".

None of these three sentences appear to come from the same post.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »

Also the whole it's the Jew's country, the Palestinians aren't Arab immigrants, they're descendant of the population who have lived in the area since the agricultural revolution, whatever these people called themselves, they have of course had a influx of genes from other groups. But they're more related to the Jews of Biblical times than most Jews are.

Good thing we don't customarily delineate cultural and political lines of descent based on genetics. Give me a break.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2016, 07:17:05 PM by Winds for the spices and stars for the gold »

Also the whole it's the Jew's country, the Palestinians aren't Arab immigrants, they're descendant of the population who have lived in the area since the agricultural revolution, whatever these people called themselves, they have of course had a influx of genes from other groups. But they're more related to the Jews of Biblical times than most Jews are.

Good thing we don't customarily delineate cultural and political lines of descent based on genetics. Give me a break.

In fairness, the descent line is a big part of the approach to the issue adopted by the Israelis.

Yeah, but from what I've seen generally the approach is through normal, good old-fashioned, low-tech genealogy, rather than through creepy hand-wringing about whose genome is most similar to that in some bone dug up in a tel.

Regardless, it's shameful that the United Nations finds all this time to pass these countless dozens of resolutions about big bad Israel, but only rarely does anything censuring countries like Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states manage to wend its way through. Or North Korea, or Eritrea, or China or Russia or Duterte's Philippines or Iran for that matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies