Milo Yiannopoulos and Mark Levin Top Amazon Best Selling Books Chart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:56:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Milo Yiannopoulos and Mark Levin Top Amazon Best Selling Books Chart
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Milo Yiannopoulos and Mark Levin Top Amazon Best Selling Books Chart  (Read 1282 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »

'Dangerous,' by Milo Yiannopoulos
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Interestingly, the book must've sold so many copies that it is temporarily out of stock.

'Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism,' by Mark Levin
You must be logged in to read this quote.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »

The Trumpists are good at having their money part company with their wallets. Grifters gonna grift.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »

Who cares what assholes waste their money on?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:21:37 PM »

Do they happen to have demographic data for who is buying these?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:28:57 PM »

Y'know, I'm wrong, in a sense. This is a great business model to profit old white Americans who are scared of this new America and the Gamergate people.

Let me work up a sample paragraph. It'll be awesome.

Cut to paragraph:

"White America is under siege. The Latinos and African Americans have their America - and they have the politically correct right to defend their America. But white America can't do it because it's politically wrong.

That's high nonsense. America was founded on Judeo-Christian values and the cultural values of Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Andrew Jackson - real pioneers who stood up for American values. But these values are under invasion from left wing thinkers, #Nevertrumpers who never met a globalist they didn't like, and "foreign" Americans who stream across the border without a care about the country they're supposedly immigrating to.

One man is standing athwart history shouting "Stop!" That man is President Donald Trump. President Trump has put the brakes on their radical anti-American experiment. And we need to stand with him.

Read this how to manual to make America Great Again - and stand up for American values. Order your book - before it's too late!

* Complimentary red MAGA hat included. Defeat your liberal today with this book and shout your pride in America with the hat!"

I'm particularly fond of the National Review slogan I worked in. Hey, TT, and Virginia, BAI, I need to go make money off these people.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »

Milo is alt right while Levin is Neocon, so they really aren't the same. Both equally sh*t though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:54 PM »

you guys are just jealous that your side doesn't read Smiley

(to be clear, 'cause I know some of you soft little guys like to find offense in everything, that's just a joke.  I'm sure a couple of you read and I'd bet a lot of money that many of these books listed here are not actually being read.)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »

As Bill Maher once pointed out will consertives ever realize that these consertive books all saying the same thing? Seriously the description in OP sounds the same "liberals bad, the world is changing and that's scary, here is some nostalgia, oh look a picture of Reagan, remember the good times when you didn't need pills to make your manhood work?"
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:57 AM »

Hillbilly Elegy is also a terrible ass book, by the way.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 02:19:19 AM »

First, brilliant write up TD Tongue

Second,

Do they happen to have demographic data for who is buying these?

This is important. If I remember correctly certain conservative D.C. think tanks will buy out a bunch of these books to both purposely push them to the top of the top seller lists and will hand out copies of the books for free at their meetings/events/etc.

Fun fact: Younger people are out reading older generations believe it or not. Tongue
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »

My old grocery store in Connecticut had a book section with fresh crap like this all the time.  Every now and then I'd pick up a book, stand there, and read a few pages or even a chapter if I had time to kill.  Obviously I'm biased, but these things truly do read like elongated RedState blog posts.  Especially - my God - Ann fcking Coulter.  Jesus H. Christ.  Eventually it just got to the point where the more desperate her book titles were, the worse the writing was, even though it was all essentially the same stuff.  Want to write your own Ann Coulter book?  Just snort a line of some good stuff, open a Word Document, then pound that goddamn keyboard to your heart's content and I swear you will be finished by next morning.  Polish it up some and find some hack who's deluded enough to publish it for you.

Now my exposure to liberal hack-books was far more limited because they were rarely if ever seen in the store.  I did read Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them (this was written when he was still doing his show, long before he became the senator we all know and love today) in its entirety and loved it, but that's because Al was a comedian and never a pseudojournalist.  Other than that, I've never seriously read a hack-book of any kind.  I like to learn or be challenged when I read, not gloss over caffeine-induced rants.

As for the books listed here, Hillbilly Elegy from my understanding is not what I would consider a "hack-book" but is if nothing else original in that it's a conservative elitist looking down at poor white people and not a liberal elitist this time.  Which doesn't make it any more interesting or insightful necessarily, but at least it's not a formulaic cut-and-paste rage piece.

Do people actually read these books from start to finish, though?  I don't know.  Maybe it's just me, but it does feel like reading has become less sexy over the past decade.  But then I graduated from high school just four years ago, so I'm sure that the illiteracy epidemic spans well beyond my time.  Although at least as a kid it wasn't too uncommon for me to find people waiting in line or sitting on a bench or riding a bus/subway with a book in their hand, books which have since been replaced with smartphones.  So maybe people do read, and it's the content that's declined.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 02:42:46 AM »

Well split my dick and call me Caitlyn.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 03:39:26 AM »

Please ... please never say that again. I will be forced to call for your ban if you put that mental image in my head...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 04:48:58 AM »

I strongly suspect that this is a function of people today not reading nearly enough, or having alternative means of reading if they do. I read a significant amount (not political propaganda, fortunately), but even I borrow most of my books from the library.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »

books from the right always seem to do well on amazon 🌚
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 12:19:23 PM »

books from the right always seem to do well on amazon 🌚

a sure sign that those opinions are marginalized.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies