Should people be required to wear seatbelts? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:15:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should people be required to wear seatbelts? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes, they should be required to wear seatbelts

No, they should not

They should be required to not wear seatbelts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Should people be required to wear seatbelts?  (Read 4011 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

« on: February 27, 2005, 01:59:51 PM »

In an accident seat belts are your best defense against injury, but you should not be required to use them. Hopefully you will use them because you are smart enough to realize that its in your best interest.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 02:35:05 PM »

They should not.  Nor helmets on motorcycles.  Nor should any drug be available by prescription only. 

I'm getting a bit off topic here but I somewhat agree with the comment on prescription drugs. As an example lets say you scrape your knee and a couple of days later the wound is beginning to itch and you have red streaks running up your leg. You might recognize that as an infection and realize that you need antibiotics. As things are today you must make a trip to the doctor or emergency room before you can get a prescription to buy them. In a freer society we could go straight to the drug store and buy antibiotics. That would save the cost of a doctor or emergency room visit and would get antibiotics into your system faster too.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »

Adults should not be required to wear a belt.

Children should.

However, we should ensure that driver's ed classes clearly demonstrate how much sense it makes to wear one; fully educate people, then let them make their own choices. That's my position on a lot of social issues.

I agree that children should have to be in seatbelts.

If the dumbells of the world kill themselves through foolish behaviour thats OK but its not OK for them to kill their kids.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies