Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republican MI/MS/ID/HI election results thread (first results @8pm ET)  (Read 37639 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 08, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »

These are the numbers Trump usually gets in this category, if not a little better.

Indeed, I think it is a little better.

If Kasich is in single digits or low teens with the 75% that decided early, 1/3 among the 25% that decided later is not going to get him anywhere near victory.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »

It so odd that Kasich is out-lasted Bush, Walker, Christie and many others that were said to be in his way and now could make a serious play as one of the last four standing. For three years I was like one of two Kasich supporters on here and today it was not him that I voted for.

So I kind of have mixed feelings as a result of having been for Kasich for so long and be proven right on that score of him possibly having an impact, while at the same time having thrown in with another candidate and wanting to see them succeed.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »

It so odd that Kasich is out-lasted Bush, Walker, Christie and many others that were said to be in his way and now could make a serious play as one of the last four standing. For three years I was like one of two Kasich supporters on here and today it was not him that I voted for.

So I kind of have mixed feelings as a result of having been for Kasich for so long and be proven right on that score of him possibly having an impact, while at the same time having thrown in with another candidate and wanting to see them succeed.

Ah, remember the days where we were debating on whether Perry or Kasich would get that coveted last spot in the first Fox debate?

And I was praying, hoping Kasich would get in, have a big breakthrough and then go on to become the frontrunner.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2016, 06:54:51 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah, remember the days where we were debating on whether Perry or Kasich would get that coveted last spot in the first Fox debate?
[/quote]

And I was praying, hoping Kasich would get in, have a big breakthrough and then go on to become the frontrunner.
[/quote]

Isn't one of your big issues immigration? I'd have though Kasich was too dovish for you on that.
[/quote]

That was back in August

Kasich had an A rating for his Congressional record from NumbersUSA and his approach to the issue in this election was one of the reasons my support for him began to slide in the Fall and into the winter. I expected him to at least take a secure the borders first approach (basically Rubio's present faux position on the issue, he didn't do that). In December, I made a post on the other forum explaining why Kasich lost my support and it was a variety of factors, many of which was his choice to not do more to stand out and break with the establishment on many issues. I said that he basically opted to be a Jeb Bush clone, of which there were already three others in the race at that time.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 06:59:41 PM »

Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties will pretty much determine who wins MI.

A lot of people said Nova would be the deciding region in VA and it wasn't. It was actually Stafford and Clarke, both of which Trump won by ~3%-4%.

The median of the GOP is going to be slightly different from that of a general election. So Oakland and Macomb are important, but I would also look at some more counties further out from Detroit as well like Livingston and St. Clair.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

Just voted for Kasich. I legitimately didn't decide which party's primary I would participate in until I checked the party selection box, which was the last thing I did. It was Kasich or Sanders, and it came down to which one I thought my vote would influence more. PredictIt had Kasich slightly higher, and I'm in a more Democratic district, so I figured my individual vote had a heigher weight intra-district on the GOP side (for delegate purposes). Never before have I been so undecided.

Decided to switch the avatar considering I was pretty much an independent today.

President was the last box I checked today voting early in NC. The first I checked was in AG and state officers, a judge and a ballot initiative. Then I did Governor and Senator, after which I stopped for a good two minutes before making my choice.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:09 PM »

Just voted for Kasich. I legitimately didn't decide which party's primary I would participate in until I checked the party selection box, which was the last thing I did. It was Kasich or Sanders, and it came down to which one I thought my vote would influence more. PredictIt had Kasich slightly higher, and I'm in a more Democratic district, so I figured my individual vote had a heigher weight intra-district on the GOP side (for delegate purposes). Never before have I been so undecided.

Decided to switch the avatar considering I was pretty much an independent today.
President was the last box I checked today voting early in NC. The first I checked was in AG and state officers, a judge and a ballot initiative. Then I did Governor and Senator, after which I stopped for a good two minutes before making my choice.
Who did you decide to vote for in all of the races?

You really want to know who I voted for to be District b Appeals Court Judge in NC? Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »

Who did you decide to vote for in all of the races?

You really want to know who I voted for to be District b Appeals Court Judge in NC? Wink

This is Atlas, of course we do.

Not only that - we want to know their positions on same sex marriages, abortion and gun control... Smiley

I haven't the slightest idea. The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him. I am knew to this county and am not familiar with the down ballot incumbents and candidates.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »

The campaign guy made a good pitch as I was walking in and I voted for him.

Your solicitation laws at polling places must be really forgiving...

He was in the parking lot. Not sure if it was far enough away from the door or not.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »

I would like to see CNN make a "minor" projection.

Vermont in November.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 08:01:15 PM »

Wow!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 08:03:11 PM »

Wolf messed it up.

It has to be 45%.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 08:37:38 PM »

This thing is over. Trump is almost 20,000 votes in the lead with 13% reporting.

Look at Macomb and St. Clair. Trump is over 50% right now. Trump is also winning Livingston by a wide margin too.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

Trump nearly 30,000 votes ahead. 10.2% lead right now.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »

Trump was never expected to lose MS and MI?

Don't see why people are acting like this was a major surprise.

The establishment launched the equivalent of the Normandy Invasion on Trump this week. If Trump is winning tonight and by this much, he is the nominee.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »

32,000 vote lead, 10.9% lead with 20% reporting.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 09:00:28 PM »

Ottawa County (11% in):

Cruz  47%
Kasich 20%
Trump 19%
Rubio 10%

Well, that was no surprise.

Big new batch of votes continuing to look like an obvious Trump call in 10 minutes.  Trump has now expanded Oakland to a 3% lead with 60% counted.  Whoever runs the elections office in Oakland County deserves a blue ribbon.
Wayne and Macomb counties have less than 10% of their vote in.

So what, dude?  Do you think there's any chance that Wayne County will be remarkably more favorable to Kasich than Oakland, let alone Macomb being better than Oakland?  You're like an inch away from arguing "there more votes to count!"  Yes, there are.  And those votes are obviously going to have a lot more Trump votes than anyone else's...that's the point.

Come back in 25 minutes and tell me how Wayne and Macomb County go for you.
Ottawa County (11% in):

Cruz  47%
Kasich 20%
Trump 19%
Rubio 10%

Well, that was no surprise.

Big new batch of votes continuing to look like an obvious Trump call in 10 minutes.  Trump has now expanded Oakland to a 3% lead with 60% counted.  Whoever runs the elections office in Oakland County deserves a blue ribbon.
Wayne and Macomb counties have less than 10% of their vote in.

So what, dude?  Do you think there's any chance that Wayne County will be remarkably more favorable to Kasich than Oakland, let alone Macomb being better than Oakland?  You're like an inch away from arguing "there more votes to count!"  Yes, there are.  And those votes are obviously going to have a lot more Trump votes than anyone else's...that's the point.

Come back in 25 minutes and tell me how Wayne and Macomb County go for you.
I like to hedge my bets.  Wayne County is more liberal than either Oakland or Macomb.  If Trump is still leading when they come in, then he will probably win.

It is also poorer and more working class, which benefits Trump.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 09:11:31 PM »

Trump is leading by 43,000, 11.9% at 25% reporting.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »

Approaching a 50,000 vote lead. 12.2% at 27% reporting.

Trump talked about helping Republican Senators and Congressman in the general election.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 09:19:08 PM »

Really sending out a measured message of unity and polish with this press conference.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »

Trump's exit polls in MS now up to 49.5%

52% with men, 46% with women.  51%-49%

lol, Trump showing off the supposedly failed Trump businesses.

He is burying Romney six feet under right now.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:18 AM »

There were about ten still on the GOP ballot in NC.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 02:02:17 AM »

Trump is taking Hawaii too? I feel numbed by sadness. Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality! Open your eyes, look up to the sky and see...
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »

trump is the most liberal republican to be nominated since ford and democrats/liberals are terrified.

I do not get it. I just don't.

How is he liberal exactly? His positions are incredibly vague and could be tagged as extremely conservative as well. His Foreign policy is certainly NOT liberal; it's not even moderate. I am even willing to venture to say that Reagan and maybe even H.W. would be liberals by today's GOP standards.

Trump by virtue of being a Jacksonian as opposed to a Neocon is a world more moderate than Dubya on foreign policy.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 02:25:27 AM »

C) his position on trade is similar to a generic democrat's from the 80s

Or a generic Republican for most of the Party's existance as well as its two main predecessors the Whigs and Federalists.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies