AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:55:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic  (Read 27790 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »

Too bad Maddox and Bell Cobb wasted their time running against a popular incumbent like Ivey, as they both seem like pretty great candidates.

Then again, who am I kidding, this is Alabama. A Democrat's only path to a narrow victory is the GOP nominating a pedophile.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »

Safe Republican as expected, but why did Ivey get such a percentage of the vote if she was so popular?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

http://www.wsfa.com/story/38835283/gubernatorial-candidate-walt-maddox-shares-stance-on-hot-topic-issues

After Ivey said she won't debate Maddox because he "wasn't sure of his stance on the issues", Maddox clarifies his position on issues.

Refusing to debate your opponent is always a bad look. It adds to the underlying assumption that the candidate lacks stage confidence, and the charisma to back up their convictions. It was a bad look when Moore did it, and it erodes what little respect I had for Ivey.

I guess she just doesn’t want the contrast with a younger, more energetic candidate, and is confident  enough of her lead and standing. A little like Theresa May circa June 2017.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »

http://www.wsfa.com/story/38835283/gubernatorial-candidate-walt-maddox-shares-stance-on-hot-topic-issues

After Ivey said she won't debate Maddox because he "wasn't sure of his stance on the issues", Maddox clarifies his position on issues.

Lmao what is this lousy reasoning? She should've at least been smart enough to come with a better excuse. A debate is meant to tell the voters about your stances lol.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2018, 12:35:22 AM »

This, along with Ivey still voting for Moore even after the allegations came out against him, are the reasons why I would support Walt Maddox this year, if I were a Alabama voter.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »

http://www.alreporter.com/2018/10/16/former-alea-chief-confirms-iveys-emergency-hospitalization-and-cover-up/

Former ALEA chief confirms Kay Ivey suffered a stroke in 2015 in Colorado. She and her staff have emphatically denied this for years.

It would be funny and sad if it turned out in the last 2 weeks before the election that she's been hiding her sexual orientation as well.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »

Maddox doesn't have a chance. I predict Ivey will win with around 60% of the vote in the end.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »

This is the worst thing any politician can ever do! Gary Condit would be an improvement!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »

The swing map for this election was pretty interesting. Obviously it's the same pattern we've seen all around the country, but I have to wonder if the Roy Moore fiasco soured a lot of suburban voters against the ALGOP in general. Maddox getting 32% in Shelby County against a relatively noncontroversial incumbent Republican governor was pretty eyepopping. Ivey's performance was also pretty weak in Madison County and Mobile County.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2018, 11:13:02 PM »

The swing map for this election was pretty interesting. Obviously it's the same pattern we've seen all around the country, but I have to wonder if the Roy Moore fiasco soured a lot of suburban voters against the ALGOP in general. Maddox getting 32% in Shelby County against a relatively noncontroversial incumbent Republican governor was pretty eyepopping. Ivey's performance was also pretty weak in Madison County and Mobile County.

what happened in the northwest county. Ik thats basically the alabama part of the Mississippi north east so it was the last white counties to vote democrat and they were basically the last yellow dog counties. Why would it swing to Walt Maddox a "New Democrat" compared to Parker Griffith?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2018, 11:14:19 PM »

Can we win any of the alabama cd districts ever? Like not now but maybe 2024 dem landslide?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2018, 11:21:42 PM »

Can we win any of the alabama cd districts ever? Like not now but maybe 2024 dem landslide?

We already have a CD there (AL-07). The others are impossible, given that Roy Moore of all people won all but AL-07.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2018, 11:24:03 PM »

You know the ALGOP has a great gerrymander when even a pedophile who lost statewide sweeps the districts.

I do remember the #hottake on Atlas about how Mo Brooks would lose because a pedophile almost lost his district.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »

You know the ALGOP has a great gerrymander when even a pedophile who lost statewide sweeps the districts.

I do remember the #hottake on Atlas about how Mo Brooks would lose because a pedophile almost lost his district.

yeah that is hell of a gerrymander
Meanwhile Texas GOP has such a bad gerrymander that they can't win a majority of districts while winning the popular vote.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2018, 03:07:40 PM »

Am I the only one a little shook by the fact that Maddox got 40% of the vote? Doug Jones effect?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »

Am I the only one a little shook by the fact that Maddox got 40% of the vote? Doug Jones effect?

Maddox was a really good candidate on his own but I think maybe the Roy Moore Fiasco disenchanted a lot of voters with the AL GOP just not enough to swing the race
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2018, 06:19:27 PM »

The Secretary of State's office certified the results yesterday. After provisional ballots were cured, Maddox ended up winning Tuscaloosa County by 1 vote. 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:55 PM »

Maddox was a really good candidate on his own but I think maybe the Roy Moore Fiasco disenchanted a lot of voters with the AL GOP just not enough to swing the race

Maddox was a decent candidate who ran a very poor campaign.  40% is still a pretty abysmal result, and I suspect the "closeness" of the outcome has a lot to do with how poor of a campaigner Kay Ivey was, hangover from a contested GOP primary, and the fact that liberal transplants are transforming BHM and HSV at rapid clip.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »

The Secretary of State's office certified the results yesterday. After provisional ballots were cured, Maddox ended up winning Tuscaloosa County by 1 vote. 

I'd say this calls for a dab.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trG8nQF1HiM&ibss=1
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »

I'd say this calls for a dab.

Yeah, that was pretty great.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »

I thought he’d win Tuscaloosa county by a pretty decent margin.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

I thought he’d win Tuscaloosa county by a pretty decent margin.
eh, it voted 57-38 for Trump, so it's a pretty good swing. I know Jones won it by a lot too, but... yknow...

Ivey has a pretty high approval rating IIRC, so that's pretty good even if Maddox was from that county.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies