Opinion of wormyguy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:35:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of wormyguy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of wormyguy
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Opinion of wormyguy  (Read 2455 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »

Oh, awful. The worst, most terrible worm, guy, letter "y", or combination thereof that has ever existed.

On a more serious note, my AIM handle is wormyguy2 . I talk to several red avatars from this forum on a regular basis, and we're very friendly. Or you could send me a PM. You might find that I'm not so very terrible after all.

I'm not afraid to state what I see as the truth in no uncertain terms, and I have a few pet peeves, such as prioritizing abstract ideology and/or partisan advantage over keeping people safe in the real world (a blind spot I'll readily admit I've had in the past and may very well have in some cases in the present - nobody's perfect, and certainly not me).

But that's something which is true about any number of posters; they state what they think is the truth, maybe with a bit of sarcasm, and they have pet peeves. I am not unique in this regard on this forum; I merely come from the "wrong" ideological side.

If a person saw red as blue and blue as red, how could they know? How could you know? Who's "right"? Perhaps I am right and you are wrong. Perhaps you are right and I am wrong. Perhaps either or both of us could be right or wrong on a case-by-case basis. As a fallible human, to hold people to different standards of civility based on how much you agree or disagree with them, is a little much, no?

Here's something I don't do.* I don't make threads just to put people down and say I dislike them. Just because you disagree with someone, even heatedly, doesn't mean you have to be pointlessly mean-spirited.

But anyways, talk to me. Maybe I'm not so bad. Maybe a person's entire worth is not determined by the formula political agreement - political disagreement * snarkiness. (A tough sell on an internet forum devoted to politics, but a principle that might serve one well regardless). In the end I'm just another awkward nerd who likes polls and maps and gets over-emotional about things being wrong on the internet. We have a a lot more in common than we do to divide us.

*I'm not sure if I can say I've never done it, because I have over 8,000 posts on this forum and I've been in some nasty flame wars. I hope I haven't, but I'm sorry if I have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies