Which states would be most likely to vote for Sanders or O'Malley, etc?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:09:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which states would be most likely to vote for Sanders or O'Malley, etc?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which states would be most likely to vote for Sanders or O'Malley, etc?  (Read 733 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »

Of the top of my head I am thinking Vermont and Colorado most likely, at least for Sanders.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »

The exaggeration of Colorado's libertarian tendencies is commonplace on this forum. Indeed it has them, but it would not be second in line to vote for Sanders. States most likely to vote for Bernie would be states that have very liberal electorates. I don't care how much of a libertarian tinge Sanders has, his views are far to the left of the mainstream.

The first states to vote for Sanders would be Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York. Obviously the District of Columbia.

The first states to vote for O'Malley would be the consistently inelastic Democratic ones, such as New York, California, Illinois, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, and again, DC.
Hydera

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2015, 10:34:35 PM by Hydera »

The exaggeration of Colorado's libertarian tendencies is commonplace on this forum. Indeed it has them, but it would not be second in line to vote for Sanders. States most likely to vote for Bernie would be states that have very liberal electorates. I don't care how much of a libertarian tinge Sanders has, his views are far to the left of the mainstream.

Against NSA spying, Patriot act  ≠ Libertarian

I wish people would stop claiming that some really conservative rightwing guy or a really leftwing guy has "libertarian tendencies" when they just share a few opinions that libertarians approve of. Libertarianism is its own ideology with its own beliefs. Assuming that libertarians might like an ultra leftwinger because he also talks about shutting down the powers of the NSA. Is absurd and only possible if you would think that they would gloss over anything else just because of a election gimmick.

The only reason a leftwinger might assume that a libertarian might vote for a far-leftwinger is if he's not in the ideology himself.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:15 PM »

Against NSA spying, Patriot act  ≠ Libertarian

I wish people would stop claiming that some really conservative rightwing guy or a really leftwing guy has "libertarian tendencies" when they just share a few opinions that libertarians approve of. Libertarianism is its own ideology with its own beliefs. Assuming that libertarians might like an ultra leftwinger because he also talks about shutting down the powers of the NSA. Is absurd and only possible if you would think that they would gloss over anything else just because of a election gimmick.

Yeah, Bernie has a few libertarian-esque beliefs but a vast majority of them are the opposite of libertarianism
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »

Bernie is definitely a civil libertarian. But most certainly not a general libertarian or Libertarian.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:30:40 PM »

The first states to vote for Sanders would be Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York. Obviously the District of Columbia.

The first states to vote for O'Malley would be the consistently inelastic Democratic ones, such as New York, California, Illinois, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, and again, DC.

I thought this thread was about the primaries.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:26:46 PM »

I thought this thread was about the primaries.

Me too.

On the general though, the Blue Wall wouldn't fall if Hillary failed to become the nominee. Even with Sanders, it would only suffer a blow, it would not fall. There are certain states which, for the foreseeable future, just won't flip.
bobloblaw
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:33:50 PM »

Why Colorado???
Hydera

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »

Because otherwise your voting against your own interests, duh  /s
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States