It's really funny that people think Christie is an electable national candidate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:01:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It's really funny that people think Christie is an electable national candidate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's really funny that people think Christie is an electable national candidate  (Read 3810 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: March 09, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »

OMG, Christie is pugnacious. So were Truman (who threatened to assault a journalist) and RFK.
I think Christies style is what America needs right now. He is a "loveable" asshole to most Republicans and Independents. The same can be said for Alan Grayson, only with Democrats and Independents.

Democrats and independents like Alan Grayson? Are you sure?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

OMG, Christie is pugnacious. So were Truman (who threatened to assault a journalist) and RFK.
I think Christies style is what America needs right now. He is a "loveable" asshole to most Republicans and Independents. The same can be said for Alan Grayson, only with Democrats and Independents.

Clearly, the only folks opposed to FF Alan Grayson are those 61.6% of voters who chose someone other than he when dude ran for re-election. What haters they were!

Damn those Moderate Heroes!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »

Clearly, the only folks opposed to FF Alan Grayson are those 61.6% of voters who chose someone other than he when dude ran for re-election. What haters they were!

Damn those Moderate Heroes!

Uh, they voted for a right wing fundie extremist over a progressive hero. That goes much worse than Moderate Heroism, and is a true shame on the district.

I don't know anything about whoever replaced Grayson, but considering they were a Republican candidate elected in Florida in 2010 it's safe to assume they're utterly terrible, sure, but maybe if Grayson hadn't spent him time being an IRL troll he might have, if nothing else, lost by a less comfortable margin.

I get that it's gratifying for a lot of people on the left to have an equivalent to the hordes of freaks and sociopaths across the aisle, but it ultimately doesn't do the Democrats any favours to have an easily caricatured attention whore like Grayson in their ranks.

...IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies