$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:33:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 113434 times)
butters
United States

« on: December 02, 2017, 01:02:53 AM »

I can't believe a tax bill got me to sign up for a political forum.  Anyway, hello everybody.

Also, please don't support killing the filibuster for legislation.  If you don't like how things are going now, imagine how bad they would be after the next GOP takeover.  I don't love the way the Senate does thing, but at least it helps prevent complete chaos every 4-8 years.
butters
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:21:40 AM »

Seriously though the filibuster should be abolished as there will be so much good stuff that Democrats can accomplish without it and Republicans know Democrats will benefit the most from its abolition.

It would almost certainly be undone a few years later though.
butters
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:55 AM »

Seriously though the filibuster should be abolished as there will be so much good stuff that Democrats can accomplish without it and Republicans know Democrats will benefit the most from its abolition.

It would almost certainly be undone a few years later though.

I doubt it

It is hard to repeal social programs/benefits once the public gets their hands on them.

I used to agree, but the Obamacare repeal only failed by one vote.  Republicans won't always be as incompetent as they are now (I assume).  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies