COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:14:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 267337 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: April 19, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »

This should be investigated and corroborated, but if true it would be yet another thing that no president from Washington to Obama would survive, but Trump will without a peep from anyone on the Right.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 04:42:48 PM »

It is a shame that an 86 year olds life means less to you people than the life of a 55 year old.
I can guarantee you it doesn't to him. He's just showing the truth.

But it's ok, continue to assume a moral high-ground which you don't have.

You might want to tone it down.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »

What do you guys think? Could this turn into something or is it a nothing burger?

He's not exactly the best source, but it's not like anyone will be surprised if it is true.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »

It must be an intentional stylistic choice for Biden's official Twitter pic to have the mask crooked, but I don't know why.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:25:23 AM »

Is everyone expected to make sure their masks are symmetrical on their face?

I mean, I do? And I certainly would if it were going to be the main picture associated with a Twitter account with millions of followers.

I am probably overthinking it though. Maybe it makes him more "authentic."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 08:16:26 AM »

Meanwhile, CNN broke down face-mask wearing by region of the Country...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/maskwearing-coronavirus-analysis/index.html

Now some of this could be items such "always wearing a face mask when outside of the house"...

I don't wear a mask every time I walk out my door, but always wear a mask when going into indoors spaces outside of my home, or in outdoor areas where I can't practice a minimum 6' social distancing...

In larger Cities with significant amount of foot traffic, or in apt bldgs / condos where people need to use the Elevator or stairs, I would imagine would be a bit different than one or two story apt bldgs without shared stairs/elevators, etc....

I'd say that my church has less than 5% wearing masks.  Grocery stores are like 50-60%.  Other stores are maybe 25%.  Restaurants are virtually 0% for patrons, but maybe 90% for employees.  Walking around outside is basically 0%.  Maybe 2% in congested outdoor areas.

I've never seen someone wear a mask to a social gathering.  I'd be curious to know if any others have seen that.

My observations from suburban Mississippi. I really have been "that guy" counting up mask statistics in my head while out in public lately:
  • I went to a grocery store three weeks ago, and I was around 100% of blacks and 80% of whites wearing masks.I went back about a week ago and it was more like 80/50.
  • At restaurants, it's probably about 50/0, but all of the waiters, busboys, etc., are wearing them.
  • I went to Northpark Mall last weekend, which has a much younger crowd than a grocery store, it was probably 50/20. I did enter through the food court, which may have skewed my observation. I did count people eating with masks around their necks as masked, but it's possible some of them may have put their masks away.
  • I often drive past an outdoor walking trail, and it appears to be like 20/0 or less there.
  • I haven't been to church or any social gatherings, but I've heard others tell me that their churches (admittedly a very small anecdotal sample) are requiring masks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies