Bashir Al-Assad is a murderous dictator - but his wife has great fashion sense! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:07:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bashir Al-Assad is a murderous dictator - but his wife has great fashion sense! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bashir Al-Assad is a murderous dictator - but his wife has great fashion sense!  (Read 2896 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 27, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »

Hateful yes, but not particularly discriminatory. Rare is the dictator who can hold power without having to shed blood. That said, Bashar has been one of the saner dictators around, probably because he spent most of his life never expecting to hold power until his brother Basil killed himself in a car crash.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

"Murderous" connotes a certain cheerful delight in death that I don't think Bashar has, Mikado.  He's a ruthless SOB who certainly doesn't flinch from it when he thinks he needs to protect his position or mourn about what he has had done, but I don't think he gleefully anticipates people dying.  For example I doubt that had he been in Gaddafi's tent at the time, I don't think he would have ever sanctioned bombing a West Berlin disco, as Gaddafi did in 1986.  Even if it hadn't been traced back to him, it would have done nothing to secure his own power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies