NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiα, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 115301 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« on: June 28, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

Any chance Cuomo might get offered a place in Biden's Cabinet?

Possible he gets an offer yes, but far from certain. Cuomo could very well be nominated for Attorney General or Chief of Staff. I'm actually rooting for this because he would a great job in DC and Kathy Hochul would become New York's first female governor. If Williams actually runs, it would be a rematch of the 2018 lieutenant gubernatorial primary. Hochul would be highly favored I guess unless she makes major errors, which I doubt. She'd be great.

Would Cuomo make a good AG? 
Maybe.

I prefer Doug Jones being the AG.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 10:22:41 PM »

I don't know why Jumaane thought that he had a chance.

Hochul/Delgado should win fairly easily in November.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 01:39:29 AM »

I think Hochul outright loses Nassau and Suffolk in addition to Staten Island, but she's going to clean house upstate.
I believe that Hochul will lose Staten Island & Suffolk County. However, I think that she'll win Nassau.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »

LOL, Lee Zeldin is not winning anything.

Unless most NYC voters stay home or NYC suddenly turns into Wyoming - neither of which are going to happen - Hochul is winning.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 12:33:29 AM »

It’s not a real possibility. Hochul will win easily but, at least in my circles (NYC liberals mostly) there is no enthusiasm for her and people generally don’t think highly of her. I imagine almost all will still vote for her though.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I'm not enthusiastic about Hochul but I'm still voting for her (and Democrats straight down the ballot).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 01:34:38 PM »

May I ask what's your explanation why some apparently not that thrilled about Hochul?

To me it seems that she has done a good job including a few legislative wins during her short period of time in the driver's seat. She's also the first woman as governor and ideologically pretty much in the mainstream of the party, neither a DINO nor far-left. Hochul generally strikes me as a likeable personal capable of connecting with average people. In my opinion, she deserves a strong mandate.
I don't dislike her or anything. I'm just more neutral on her. She's very generic.

To be honest, the NY Democratic Party doesn't really have any standout or charismatic politicians right now (except for AOC but AOC could never get elected statewide).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 03:16:59 PM »

Hochul will win easily. Why is there so much nonsense being said and discussed in here?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 04:33:25 PM »

I hope so. I want to see Zeldin trounced. What do you think the margin will be?
Hochul by 12-18%.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 09:07:49 AM »

Anyone know the inauguration date for New York Governor?

I read it is the 1st of January? But strange to have it on a holiday? But I old news stories seem to confirm it.

I'll look at the astrology for that day.. as this is interesting.
Yes, every Governor of New York is inaugurated on New Year's Day (January 1st).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »

I'd be shocked if Hochul wins by double digits at this point. If she does, then that means NY-GOV was fool's gold for the Republicans.

True, but Hochul is much less popular than Cuomo, New York has been engulfed by a renewed crime wave over the past few years, and Cuomo had much more appeal in the NYC metropolitan area than she does. Mind you, I still expect her to win tomorrow, but if it's by a double-digit margin, that would show New York is completely unwinnable for Republicans.
Correct! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies