Explosion at Grand Central Station (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Explosion at Grand Central Station (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Explosion at Grand Central Station  (Read 1976 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: July 26, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »

Do you think the explosion at Grand Central Station last week was a terrorist attack or a gas line explosion?  I am very inclinded to think it was a terrorist dry run and that more is on the way.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »

downwitdaleft is nuts. that is all.

Are going to assume the government tends to agree with me.  They paid my cousin $100 for his clothes because he was by the explosion.  There is no reason not to believe that the terrorists had something to do this.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:59 PM »

Are going to assume the government tends to agree with me.  They paid my cousin $100 for his clothes because he was by the explosion.  There is no reason not to believe that the terrorists had something to do this.

If you actually read this thread, you would find that there is no reason to believe that the terrorists had something to do with this.  This is quite possibly the most cut-and-dry non-terrorist action in a long time.

You don't think the government would try to hush something like this up if they could pass it off as nothing, I believe that is certainly possible.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

If you actually read this thread, you would find that there is no reason to believe that the terrorists had something to do with this.  This is quite possibly the most cut-and-dry non-terrorist action in a long time.

You don't think the government would try to hush something like this up if they could pass it off as nothing, I believe that is certainly possible.

If you haven't noticed, the current administration has fired of terror alert after terror alert at the drop of a hat.  The fact that we haven't seen one for this one indicates that even the trigger-happy alert level changers didn't think that this was anything.

Or they don't want to set off red flags and let the terrorists know they are on to them
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

Or they don't want to set off red flags and let the terrorists know they are on to them

Yeah, kind of like all the other times that they didn't raise the terror alert level because they suspected something might happen?

Here's a question: what about this makes you think this was caused by terrorists?  Is there anything to lead someone to that conclusion?  Your whole argument revolves around the flat-out assumption that this is a government cover-up with absolutely no evidence supporting it.

The fact they wanted to buy my cousin's clothes (which is a true story I will find a link to that situation if anyone requests), makes me believe the government feels more than an explosion happened
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

The fact they wanted to buy my cousin's clothes (which is a true story I will find a link to that situation if anyone requests), makes me believe the government feels more than an explosion happened

...why?  If the explosion sprayed stuff like asbestos or something, it'd probably be good for someone not to talk around with clothes covered in that stuff.

Honestly, do you understand the concept behind Occam's Razor?

To be brutally honest, I have no idea wtf that is
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

...why?  If the explosion sprayed stuff like asbestos or something, it'd probably be good for someone not to talk around with clothes covered in that stuff.

Honestly, do you understand the concept behind Occam's Razor?

To be brutally honest, I have no idea wtf that is

In brief, it's the principle that when you have multiple explanations, the simplest one that requires the least amount of assumptions is most likely to be true.

It works remarkably well.

Well, that's certainly an easy way out of it and really isn't fun at all Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies