Justice Dept. sides with baker who refused to serve gay couple (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:10:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice Dept. sides with baker who refused to serve gay couple (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Justice Dept. sides with baker who refused to serve gay couple  (Read 7490 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 07, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »

Good to know that some people would be okay with someone denying services to an interracial couple.
I would, as the child of an interracial couple.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:48:40 PM »

I'd also like to be clear that Old School Republican and Extreme Republican are on their own turf with their opposition to the civil rights act (for "small" businesses). I completely support the civil rights act. No Business should ever be allowed to discriminate based on race, religion, or sex (that's just sex, not sexual orientation or gender identity, although I do support some CSR protections for those groups.).

What the heck I do support the Civil Rights Act.

You don't support all of it if you think that a small business should be legally allowed to refuse to serve blacks, Jews, gays, etc.

Indeed, and neither do I. Denying me service for being multiracial or being gay is wrong and immoral, but more than that is necessary for federal prohibition of any actions thereof stated.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »

Good to know that some people would be okay with someone denying services to an interracial couple.

And you would be okay with this dude denying services to your parents because they were interracial?

Dude, you're entitled to your own opinions and ideology, but that's just f***** up.

He is trying to use emotional appeal in federal policy. Surely you can understand how one legally supports what one morally opposes?

I'm also a child of an interracial couple, and this is an example of when "sticking to principles" results in incredibly idiotic conclusions.

My principles do not compromise or yield, except where they depend upon the faulty and changing ideas and facts of man. Call me whatever names you like, but that won't change my mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies